DLINK G664T

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
cobo2007

it's working

Post by cobo2007 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:41 pm

I have followed the instructions above and it's working.
First tried the original 2.3. I got the web interface and no hangs whatsoever, but did not get Annex B working. The darkwolf version works and I patched the environment file as above.

Working like a charm!

I have the G664T Rev. A01 EU
Thanks
DarkWolf
Novice
Novice

Re: it's working

Post by DarkWolf » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:47 pm

cobo2007 wrote:The darkwolf version works and I patched the environment file as above.

Working like a charm!

I have the G664T Rev. A01 EU
Thanks
Thank you too for your report :D
Last edited by DarkWolf on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luky

Post by luky » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:44 pm

DarkWolf,
I saw a new beta (UPNP) on your site, what is that about?
I am as well experiencing random reboots, which didn't happened with stock firmware. And after reboot I have to reboot once again manully as ADSL didn't connect correctly
silenec
Novice
Novice

Post by silenec » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:08 pm

Is it possible to use ethernet as a WAN interface instead of ADSL? Like this:

Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:36 pm

silenec wrote:Is it possible to use ethernet as a WAN interface instead of ADSL? Like this:

Not really as the routing functions actually take place acroos the WAN (ADSL) to Ethernet/Wifu Bridge interfaces so whilst you could connect a cable modem via ethernet to one of the routers ethernet ports you could only have one PC connected at a time (unless you ran ICS on that PC) as you would have no NAT function to mastk the ineternal LAN IP'addresses.

What you really need is s BROADBAND/CABLE router that has a WAN ethernet connection.
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
silenec
Novice
Novice

Post by silenec » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:30 pm

whilst you could connect a cable modem via ethernet to one of the routers ethernet ports you could only have one PC connected at a time
and can i connect that one PC using WiFi? I have fonera router with openwrt, but it has only one ethernet port so WiFi is the only way if i want to use that port for my lan...
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:34 pm

silenec wrote:
whilst you could connect a cable modem via ethernet to one of the routers ethernet ports you could only have one PC connected at a time
and can i connect that one PC using WiFi? I have fonera router with openwrt, but it has only one ethernet port so WiFi is the only way if i want to use that port for my lan...
WIFI or Ethernet should be O.K. - prrobably best to make sure that DHCP is disabled on the Router as well and allow the IP to be passed from the Cable Modem.
Jim

vix

SUCCESS HERE TOO!

Post by vix » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:29 pm

I have a G664T sharing internet and serving a total of 11 machines along with a second wireless router. After another hang in a long series, I thought it was the last straw and was about to buy a new wireless modem/router.

I did search for G664T firmware and I found Routertech. After reading many messages, I did the following:

1) I downloaded the darkwolf-modified Routertech firmware from here:
http://darkwolf.altervista.org (Rtech 2.3 Final 5x4T and G6x4T)

2) I flashed the modem (first attempt failed so I flashed again with broken flash option.)

3) I changed the modem IP to 10.0.0.138 and DHCP to 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 (my network is configured thus)

4) I entered the run_command

Code: Select all

setenv dsp_ver dsp62B && setenv atm_ver dsp62B && reboot.sh
as it is specified in the Command List helpfile (thanks!) so that my modem works in my ISDN/ADSL line.

And now I am in a totally different world:

* My large networked photocopier/duplexer works fine! (had problems with dlink)
* uPNP works for all applications (dlink firmware didn't work with all)
* Instantly connects to the internet (dlink was taking ages)
* Much easier to setup and a MUCH cleaner interface!

Thanks guys! (Is there a link for donations?)

[corrected PSTN to ISDN. That's why I need AnnexB]
Last edited by vix on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:41 pm

Great News - glad your as happy with the R/T F/W as we are to provide it :D

...we don't currently have a donations link but if you like you can alsways buy some R/T "goodies" from our shop link and we will get a small comission :wink:

http://routertech.spreadshirt.net/-/-/Shop/
Jim

Semi

x

Post by Semi » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:04 am

After few troubles with unbricking my DLINK 664T finally flashed successfully DW version of RouterTEch FW.. Changed to Annex B and works like charm :twisted: Thanks A LOT EVERYONE
DarkWolf
Novice
Novice

Re: x

Post by DarkWolf » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:46 am

Semi wrote:After few troubles with unbricking my DLINK 664T finally flashed successfully DW version of RouterTEch FW.. Changed to Annex B and works like charm :twisted: Thanks A LOT EVERYONE
Good :D
Last edited by DarkWolf on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkUSS

Post by DarkUSS » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:43 pm

Hey all,

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm planning to flash my G664t modem with darkwolf's custom firmware.

First of all, I need to know if this version of modified firmware (Rtech 2.3 Final 5x4T and G6x4T) is stable enough and won't cause me more headaches than the original D-Link firmware I'm currently using (V3.00B01T02.EU.20060830).

Assuming that the answer is positive, what do I need to flash my modem? Will Vix's guide above suffice as I need the modem to be Annex B (ISDN) and also compatible with Greek ISPs (I live in Greece).

My D-Link G664T is constantly getting disconnected lately and I'm actually giving it a second chance with this firmware. If this firmware doesn't improve the stability of my connection, I'm probably gonna need to buy a new modem/router.:roll:

Anyway, thanks in advance
DarkUSS

Post by DarkUSS » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:42 am

Anyone? :roll:
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:57 am

DarkUSS wrote:Anyone? :roll:
...would it not be better to ask on the Darkwolf Forum ?

You might be lucky and get a "Darkwolf Modded" user passing by who can comment but much more likely over there.

Alternatively you could try checking for threads here where the Darkwolf Firmware is mentioned and PM some users asking.....

Can't see much chance of the RT Team commenting on the stability of a modded version.....
Jim

chaertl1

2.6 tested ?

Post by chaertl1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:22 am

Has anybody tested the 2.6 version on a Dlink DSL-G664T ???