Problem after restoring backRoutertechv2.9 To Dlink firmware

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
hhsss2006

Problem after restoring backRoutertechv2.9 To Dlink firmware

Post by hhsss2006 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi Everyone,
I was having problem with my dlink 2640T router as it was going off after sometime and i had to reset it once ever 48 hrs, so i thought of using the routertech 2.9 firmware to see if it works for me. I have successfully loaded the routertech firmware 2.9 but i was not able to make my PPPOE internet connection work on it(even after putting all parameters and creating new connection for my isp). So i thought to restore it back to my Dlink firmware in which internet worked. While restoring back i accidently selected wrong firmware file and ended up with a bricked router. It took me 2 days to look/search and recover my router back using the tools and info available here(thanks for that). But after recovering it i am having few small problems:

1) when in my internet browser i open http://192.168.1.1 it still shows me routertech login page, previously it use give a login popup window and take me to dlink interface after successfull login. Some how I managed to enter the webinterface by directly opening the http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/ folder from my browser and it shows in all directories in it . I thought that upgrading the firmware again from within the interface would solve it but it did't helped. I want it to work as before so that on opening htpp://192.168.1.1 it promts me dlink login and takes me to dlink interface.

2) When i am in dlink firmware webinterface i tried to change the router login admin password but on clicking the apply button it gives me javascipt error icon in browser status bar and when i clicked on error it says
object expected webcm Line 491 code:0 URI: http://192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/webcm?getpag ... _admin.htm
I thought maybe its trying to submit or get a page in /tools folder and the /tools folder is no more there but when i telnet my router and checked /usr/www/html folder and found that /tools folder and all file exist in it. I tried opening a .htm file directly http://192.168.1.1/html/tools/adminfile.htm and found that it show fine but the <? script tags(like php script) are also displaying. Also any other page that submits form data to .htm page in /tools/ is also giving same problem .

I have tried to explain the problem. Let e know if i have missed something or if any info is required.

Please suggest me a way out as i want to fix this but i need your expertise.

Eagerly waiting for your response.

Thanks
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:21 pm

Should be an easy fix - clear your PC browser cache - it is confused with old pages coming from the same IP address.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:19 pm

The 2640T is hit and miss with RT firmwares. That has been pointed out several times in the forum. Perhaps we just need to make it even more obvious that 2640T owners (especially those on pppoe) should not use RT firmwares (at least, not until the source of the problem is isolated and worked around).

PS: if anyone wishes to donate a 2640T for us to to use for testing, then that would be very welcome. ;)
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
hhsss2006

ok, thanks

Post by hhsss2006 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:16 am

ok, thanks for helping and thanks for the info.

I have just purchased this new 2640T router and was not happy with dlink product quality. Dlink use to make nice quality products earlier but this is not one of them.

Thanks