DSL600EW bricked

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
yuchankit

DSL600EW bricked

Post by yuchankit » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:09 pm

My router stopped working and it had been flashed with RT v2.93-2.96(not sure about exact version because I flashed it quite sometime ago).

My router uses Adam bootloader and has 4 MB flash.

I tried running PC Tool to debrick the router but I got stuck in getting the 192.168.1.1 address. It kept getting my static IP address instead of 192.168.1.1 which is the gateway address. I even tried running the toolinit script but it turned futile.

I have run out of ideas on how to debrick my router. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: DSL600EW bricked

Post by mstombs » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Please see
viewtopic.php?t=2457
and provide as much info as possible, if failure not when making any changes consider trying another PSU brick, if you have something compatible you can swap in.
yuchankit

Post by yuchankit » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:16 am

First of all,I apologise for my failure to provide a more detailed information regarding my problem.

1. My router is Aztech DSL600EW which has Adam bootloader.
2. Before it got bricked(failed), it ran RT2.93-2.95. I'm sorry I could not remember the exact firmware version because I did the upgrade quite sometime ago. But it did run well for at least a year before it failed to work. So I presume I ran the previous upgrading processes correctly.
3. Right now, I'm trying to recover the router by flashing the latest firmware(2.97) into my router using PC Tool.
4. I did not run RUC because I knew my router's hardware specification well enough to perform a successful flash. I admit I was a bit overconfident to not to back up some important settings.
5. I tried holding the reset button for sometime(> 30 seconds) but judging from its LED lights,the router did not seem to respond.

I tried PC Tool 2.1 and 2.3 but I still could not get the correct address (192.168.1.1)

I noticed that when I ping the gateway(192.168.1.1), I got request time out instead of "destination host unreachable". That fact broke the loop inside the toolinit script. I guess that is the reason the toolinit script reported success when I ran it.

I followed the viewtopic.php?t=2457 word by word but still I got stuck in getting the gateway address (192.168.1.1)

I hope someone can shed some light on my problem. Feel free to ask for more info and I will try my best to give them.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:04 pm

viewtopic.php?t=335

Very often, connecting with the pctool is a hit and miss affair. Assuming that everything else is correct, you will eventually succeed - as long as the bootloader is still intact.

The most common cause of bricks in Adam2 routers is a trashed environment. The issues that arise from that depend on how your specific bootloader reacts to that situation, especially in respect of the connect IP address. Many will default to your OS defaults (e.g., 169.x on Windows hosts). Some will default to 10.0.x.x, others to 5.8.x.x, etc. In such cases, you will need to change your static IP address to be in the same range.

You need to be more precise about exactly what happens when you try to connect with the pctool.

PS: not have a backup of a working environment is like never backing up your data on your PC ...
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
yuchankit

Post by yuchankit » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:17 pm

I did the following steps in order.

1. I set the static IP to 192.168.1.3
2. I launched PC Tools.
3. I switched on the router. I waited for the "The network is connected" notification.
4. Immediately after that notification, I clicked Retrieve/Assign IP address button.

The log message was as followed:

Hostname is xxx
Interface address is 1: 192.168.1.3
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:36 pm

That simply means that you haven't got your timing right. You need to keep trying - including before you see the notification that the network is connected.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
ajiteshm
Novice
Novice

Post by ajiteshm » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:14 am

TerryBrewer

Post by TerryBrewer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:51 am

yuchankit wrote:First of all,I apologise for my failure to provide a more detailed information regarding my problem.

1. My router is Aztech DSL600EW which has Adam bootloader.
2. Before it got bricked(failed), it ran RT2.93-2.95. I'm sorry I could not remember the exact firmware version because I did the upgrade quite sometime ago. But it did run well for at least a year before it failed to work. So I presume I ran the previous upgrading processes correctly.
3. Right now, I'm trying to recover the router by flashing the latest firmware(2.97) into my router using PC Tool.
4. I did not run RUC because I knew my router's hardware specification well enough to perform a successful flash. I admit I was a bit overconfident to not to back up some important settings.
5. I tried holding the reset button for sometime(> 30 seconds) but judging from its LED lights,the router did not seem to respond.

I tried PC Tool 2.1 and 2.3 but I still could not get the correct address (192.168.1.1)

I noticed that when I ping the gateway(192.168.1.1), I got request time out instead of "destination host unreachable". That fact broke the loop inside the toolinit script. I guess that is the reason the toolinit script reported success when I ran it.

I followed the viewtopic.php?t=2457 word by word but still I got stuck in getting the gateway address (192.168.1.1)

I hope someone can shed some light on my problem. Feel free to ask for more info and I will try my best to give them.
Hello man were you able to sort out the issue.. I am similar kind of trouble so can you tell the way to sort it out..
plav

Re: DSL600EW(1) - unbricked and upgrade to 2.97

Post by plav » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:57 pm

Unbricked /or upgrade FW/ for Mr.Connect 4port wireless router with AnnexB - on PCB DSL600EW(1) origin by Aztech - distributed in Czech, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary and may be in other countries

Situation:
I tried about few years ago this router upgrading to DDWRT firmweare, but bricked him - Adam2 bootlader(FTP) was accesible after bricking, telnet not

Solution:
Connect with 10Mbps Hub /it´s important, because with switch or direct connect FTP file transfer fall down - may be some problem with old version of bootloader Adam2/ and connect by TIupgrade Tool (or similar tool ).

Because Mr.Connect company don´t exist now, i download original Aztech firmware (with annex A, i´ve not found annexB firmware) from ftp site ftp.aztech.com/support/Singapore and there three files from zip fw 66.6.3-010: config.xml, ram-zimage.ar7xxx.nsp.squashfs.bin and nsp.annexA.img

Now - important - set right environment (by TIupgrade tool or similar or TFTP,RRT) for mtdx because is different across aztech firmware - for my router is bellow:
setenv mtd0 0x90090000,0x903f0000
setenv mtd1 0x90010090,0x90090000
setenv mtd2 0x90000000,0x90010000
setenv mtd3 0x903f0000,0x90400000
setenv mtd4 0x90010000,0x903f0000

different is only mtd0 and mtd1 - here is good link about AR7 filesystems http://ar7.wikispaces.com/Firmware

transfer 3 files by TIupgrade tool (or similar or TFTP,RRT) with firmware (separately) and reboot

After succesfully upgrade to aztech firmware, reset to factory defaults, backup configuration (RUC close not correctly with http daemon error - i try some settings in settings ini, but not succesfully)

After this, you can upgrade to routertech 2.97 by singleimage AnnexB (RouterTech_3.6.0D_20120130_2.97_AR7WRD_Adam2_firmware.AnnexB.upgrade.img) from web interface - it take about 8 minutes for me.
Now restart to factory defaults and sets for my ISP. Router now work perfectly nad stable

PS: next tip for potential unstability - when these router sometimes freeze, change big capacitor near power connector