Router infected

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
lozzer1947

Router infected

Post by lozzer1947 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:02 pm

My daughter lives in Istanbul and her Linksys router redirects the whole time. It must have a virus.
Trying to help on Skype is hopeless.
She is coming home in late October, will I be able to fix this here if she brings it back.
Can I give her my spare BT router and will that work.
As you can guess my expertise is limited.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Router infected

Post by thechief » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:36 pm

It all depends. The routers must be of the same type (e.g., they must both be ADSL, cable, etc), and must support the same protocols. Then you must be able to replicate the ISP authentication settings from the Linksys on the BT router. If all these boxes are ticked, then it might work.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
lozzer1947

Post by lozzer1947 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:53 am

thechief wrote:It all depends. The routers must be of the same type (e.g., they must both be ADSL, cable, etc), and must support the same protocols. Then you must be able to replicate the ISP authentication settings from the Linksys on the BT router. If all these boxes are ticked, then it might work.
Will get the model details and check types and post details here if that is OK.

thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:56 am

That's ok.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.