X-Lite/Netgear TA612V and Sipgate

All questions related to VoIP/SIP; getting things setup, best configuration, connection issues etc.
jimbaggins

Post by jimbaggins » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:51 pm

OK, I got into the TA612v after a lot of mucking about, but after resetting my 3Com back to its original settings I can't get to the remote management.

Also it looks like my sipgate already has a sipgate number, which does not seem to correspond to mine. If this has already been opened and registered, how can I reset it?
computercooldude.co.uk
Novice
Novice

Firmware

Post by computercooldude.co.uk » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:31 pm

Dose anyone have the firmware version V1.2_73, for sipate, for the TA612V.
I Have 2 TA612V's sitting behind one wan router and i ended up turing on STUN to get them both working, as one kept dissconnecting the other, they both seem to work now though.
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:37 pm

jimbaggins wrote:OK, I got into the TA612v after a lot of mucking about, but after resetting my 3Com back to its original settings I can't get to the remote management.

Also it looks like my sipgate already has a sipgate number, which does not seem to correspond to mine. If this has already been opened and registered, how can I reset it?
Well, firstly; are you using the same IP range as you were before? The IP range that you entered into the TA612V must be the same as your network IP range, otherwise it will refuse access to it. If you need to change the remote management IP range, you will need to follow my previous post, and adjust the range accordingly.

The sipgate number you should see under VOIP status, is your SIP-ID set by sipgate, not the telephone number that you can choose. Check this by logging into sipgate and going to 'My Account' (at the bottom of the page).
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Firmware

Post by studioeng » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:48 pm

computercooldude.co.uk wrote:Dose anyone have the firmware version V1.2_73, for sipate, for the TA612V.
I Have 2 TA612V's sitting behind one wan router and i ended up turing on STUN to get them both working, as one kept dissconnecting the other, they both seem to work now though.
I am currently using the open firmware V1.2_73; but I have not tried to run two of the TA612V routers behind my SWAMR. I think in your case; you will need to download the open firmware from sipgate on either one or both, so that you can adjust the listening ports on the TA612V accordingly, and then match these on your ADSL router.

Suggestion ONLY: once you have installed the open firmware, on one of the TA612V leave the listening ports as they are, and on the second, set them to 5062 for example. With this configuration, you may need to be patient, and just fiddle with the setup.
jimbaggins

Post by jimbaggins » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:05 pm

My original settings were 192.168.1.1 for lan, 192.168.1.2-254 for wan I think. I have reset them to this and the TA612v has a fixed IP at 192.168.1.6.

And I put the 192.168.1.6 into the boxes on the right in the DMZ settings.
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:16 pm

I'd like to know if anyone else has one of the Safecom routers running the RTv2.1 firmware with a TA612V behind it. I'm still having problems with incoming calls.
jimbaggins

Post by jimbaggins » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:24 pm

Have I done it wrong then?
studioeng
Experienced
Experienced

Post by studioeng » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:05 pm

I think this sipgate support page might be of some assistance.
computercooldude.co.uk
Novice
Novice

Firmware

Post by computercooldude.co.uk » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:45 pm

There may be some miss understanding.
I was Looking for a firmware version that i could download, i currently have 2 TA612V routers working quight happly,
This incase anyone else has the same problem was done by getting sipgate to update the firmware so that i could actually change settings on it, Then on one router increasing the local sip ports and the Starting RTP port by 100 to 5160 and 5104 respectivly, also enabling the stun server on the second router, with increase ports.
I am looking for the version V1.2_73 firmware, as I am getting fed up waiting 3 days for sipgate support to connect remotely to my router and upgrade them, I am getting at lease another 2, and i think that sipgate support are getting fed up of me asking them for the upgrades, as my inbox for the last 4 weeks is mainly from them, over these issues.
I also belive that it would be easier for me to do it, and then i can actully get on with using them
computercooldude.co.uk
Novice
Novice

Post by computercooldude.co.uk » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:49 pm

jimbaggins wrote:Also it looks like my sipgate already has a sipgate number, which does not seem to correspond to mine. If this has already been opened and registered, how can I reset it?
If you dont mind, where did you buy the router from.
If it was off somewhere such as ebay, then you may well have someone elses settings.
If you change them and them reset the router then these settings will return. unless you find a way to compleatly reset the router.
computercooldude.co.uk
Novice
Novice

Staples

Post by computercooldude.co.uk » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 pm

Dose anyone know if staples in the uk, are still running there offer on the Netgear TA612V, routers and at a reasoable price
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:10 pm

Surely the factory reset from the manualHERE

would completely reset the unit ? :?
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Staples

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:13 pm

computercooldude.co.uk wrote:Dose anyone know if staples in the uk, are still running there offer on the Netgear TA612V, routers and at a reasoable price
Staples online don't list ANY netgear products at the moment :cry:
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
computercooldude.co.uk
Novice
Novice

Sipgate

Post by computercooldude.co.uk » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:16 pm

The way in which the sipgate custom firware works this will not work as the username and password are writen into the firware.
You need to get the open firware. then upload these.

If anyone knows where I can get the open firmware please let me know.
As this would be usefull for Me and this case.
computercooldude.co.uk
Novice
Novice

Staples

Post by computercooldude.co.uk » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:19 pm

Although they do not list them, they do sell netgear products.
Might just have to go and have a look in there shop