NEW RELEASE ROUTER TECH ?

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
sandman06
Novice
Novice

NEW RELEASE ROUTER TECH ?

Post by sandman06 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:27 pm

when will the new release of routertech be available for modems such as "adsl2mue" that will implement the latest dsp drivers,atm etc.

regards

ps....the acorp firmware has dsp ver 7.4
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 pm

I'm sure that TheChief wil respond with more info. on expected timescales for the RT 2.4 Release :)

...but please bear in mind that there's no guarantee that the RT F/W will match current AZTECH - ACORP (or any other AR7 Manufacturers) version levels :wink:
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:37 pm

A release is not imminent. And I doubt we will match other people's atm/dsp driver versions.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
acrouter
Regular
Regular

Post by acrouter » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:56 am

Fair enough, though I would like ver 7 drivers to be included as well. At present the disconnections are driving me up the wall, would really like the test the new opcodes to see if they help.

ps. I have an aztech clone, will acorp firmware work ok for me? I have a pspboot with the ar7w chip, any acorp model firmware I can pick?

Cheerz
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:43 am

Some ver 7 drivers will be included. Acorp firmwares may or may not work with your router. If you supply the output of the RUC, then perhaps someone could venture an opinion on which of them may be suitable.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
acrouter
Regular
Regular

Post by acrouter » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:27 am

Basically my router is same as Solwise SAR-600EW minus the wireless
Even though it says wireless Yes, theres no wireless in this modem, rest is the same marvell 4 port switch, AR7WRD, but with psbl.

Description: Open Networks 634
Board type: AR7WRD
Product ID: AR7WRD
Bootloader: (psbl)
RAM 16.0 MB
Flash (ROM) 4.0 MB
ADAM2: No
No default env: No
Linux version: 2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le
Firmware build: RouterTech_3.6.0D_20070227_2.20
Firmware version: 3.6.0D-RouterTech-PSBL
Firmware stamp: 20070227153110
CPU: MIPS 4KEc V4.8
DSP: 6.02.01.00
Annex: A
/proc/wlan: No
/usr/sbin/wlan: Yes
TIAP: No
TNETW: No
Wireless: Yes
WIFI chip: TNETW1130
WIFI chip conf: No
Marvell: Yes
NSP: 3.6.0D /usr/sbin/wlan
Manufacturers: Aztech Systems Ltd
RNDIS: Telogy Networks Inc
HRNDIS: Telogy Networks Inc
WARNING
Cannot confirm the model number of the wireless chip.
The wireless access point (AP) may be disabled - ensure it is enabled and then run this program again.
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:43 am

The RUC is saying your router is wireless because of the presence of the "/usr/sbin/wlan" directory. Also, the manufacturer entered a board ID of AR7WRD.
So perhaps your router has some of the necessary components for wireless operation but is missing others (like an antenna or WIFI card)?
Either that, or the manufacturer made a mistake in labelling the chipset ARWRD and also left the "/usr/sbin/wlan" in the firmware...
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:46 am

Ok, the firmwares for the Acorp W400G or Lan420M should work with your router. As always, anything can go wrong, and, if your router gets bricked, then ...

The more recent Acorp firmwares use a new NSP version (3.6.0F, if I remember correctly). This may cause some problems with your current config.xml. If it does, the result will be a brick. I would not recommend trying any of those firmwares if you don't have a serial console cable.
sandman06
Novice
Novice

Post by sandman06 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:03 pm

hi there

what about me. i have a "adsl2mue" with routertech firmware on it.

would i be able to upgrade to acorp firmware. and possibly revert back if i needed to.

regards
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:10 pm

sandman06 wrote:hi there

would i be able to upgrade to acorp firmware. and possibly revert back if i needed to.

regards
Dunno. If you're feeling brave, you can try a firmware for the Acorp Lan120. If your router bricks, then don't ask me ...
acrouter
Regular
Regular

Post by acrouter » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Neo wrote:The RUC is saying your router is wireless because of the presence of the "/usr/sbin/wlan" directory. Also, the manufacturer entered a board ID of AR7WRD.
So perhaps your router has some of the necessary components for wireless operation but is missing others (like an antenna or WIFI card)?
Either that, or the manufacturer made a mistake in labelling the chipset ARWRD and also left the "/usr/sbin/wlan" in the firmware...
Yeh its actually 4 port AR7WRD with no wireless, just seems a stripped version.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:02 pm

thechief wrote:
sandman06 wrote:hi there

regards
Dunno. If you're feeling brave, you can try a firmware for the Acorp Lan120. If your router bricks, then don't ask me ...
Watch out - some LAN120 will brick your router it upgrades the bootloader to a version that doesn't work with the Ethernet port. The router works though so may be recoverable using USB - but scary! My test router now has a compatible upgraded bootloader (LAN122 1.4.0.4) so I can avoid this!

Latest LAN122 work - but you must be prepared to use PC-Tool to restore the config/environment when downgrading (and bricking) after experimenting with this firmware based on nsp 3.7.1
sandman06
Novice
Novice

Post by sandman06 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:46 pm

i might buy a spare "adsl2mue" specially for testing. i don't want to brick anything. routertech firmware has been running fine. better than any of that proprietary rubbish from certain companies

i really appreciate the work your doing. however lately it seems that you are moving away from the DSL side of development and concentrating more on the wifi development.
i don't know what your goals are for routertech, or the roadmap you have set, but i would be willing to donate for further development in ADSL2+ features

regards
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:22 pm

sandman06 wrote:i really appreciate the work your doing. however lately it seems that you are moving away from the DSL side of development and concentrating more on the wifi development.
I don't believe we are doing that. The problem is that most non-wireless routers have only 2mb flash and 8mb RAM. That is a serious limitation, because the firmwares can easily exceed 2mb in size, and then won't fit on 2mb flash.

There is very little that we can now do for routers with 2mb flash, as their firmware has virtually reached the limit. We are still doing things for routers that have 4mb flash. The 2MUE has 4mb flash, and therefore can share in the extra development efforts for routers with sufficient flash memory.
sandman06 wrote:i don't know what your goals are for routertech, or the roadmap you have set, but i would be willing to donate for further development in ADSL2+ features
Thanks. Perhaps you might want to visit the RouterTech shop? :)
acrouter
Regular
Regular

Post by acrouter » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:26 am

thechief wrote:Ok, the firmwares for the Acorp W400G or Lan420M should work with your router. As always, anything can go wrong, and, if your router gets bricked, then ...
These firmware's wouldnt try to change the boot loaders would they? The other thing was is Lan420M compatible as on the russian website it said something about chip 7200A would this make any difference since AR7's are 7300?