Remote Web & SSH access not working;Wget not working (v2.95)

All about firmwares for routers. Support for RouterTech firmwares is here too.
digitale

Re: Remote Web & SSH access not working;Wget not working (v2

Post by digitale » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:20 am

Hi,

I've managed to fix all the problems stated above by changing my DSL MAC address, as shown in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4085.
A quick check revealed the MAC given by routertech firmware is not the same as the original MAC of the device (search revealed it was an invalid MAC), so I simply changed the MAC to the original MAC.

Thanks all for the replies.

Edit: To answer some questions posted earlier:
There's indeed nas0 and ppp0, but no ppp1.

Once I changed the MAC, the following does indeed work:

Code: Select all

iptables -I FORWARD -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I INPUT -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
Or you can just disable Firewall in the setup screen (may not be advisable :D )

Further info:
I tried the modem on ISP 1, and PPPoE worked, but remote access and wget didn't work.
So I tried on another ISP 2, and PPPoE didn't work at all until I tried the changing the MAC trick. Suddenly remote access and wget work.
I have now tried the modem on ISP 1 again (with the changed MAC), and this time remote access and wget work as expected.

So if anyone has strange problems that can't be replicated by others, check your MAC :wink:
Last edited by digitale on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:53 am

digitale wrote:I've managed to fix all the problems stated above by changing my DSL MAC address, as shown in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4085.
Excellent.
digitale wrote:A quick check revealed the MAC given by routertech firmware is not the same as the original MAC of the device (search revealed it was an invalid MAC), so I simply changed the MAC to the original MAC.
The RouterTech firmware does not give or create MACs. It only reports what is in your router's environment. If the MAC records in your environment are wrong, then it is GIGO - a salutary lesson for everyone to check that the MAC addresses in their environment (put there by the router's manufacturer/vendor) is correct. Vendors sometimes tend to be lazy, and often put the same MAC addresses in all their routers. :roll: Let the buyer beware.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
digitale

Post by digitale » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:01 am

Ah I see, thank you for the reply.