The independent technical support site for all things networking!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Need help in connection troubleshooting
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:23 am 

I was tweaking my router interface, I accidentally touched the vlan settings. I had no idea what to do there so I try to exit the settings. I think I clicked delete trying to exit the settings page and I have lost both lan and wireless connection. i tried a factory reset with no success. I cannot reconfigure using the router disc as well. It seems that my WAN is disconnected too. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Need help in connection troubleshooting
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:26 am 
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Hi, What make/type of router do you have?

If a factory reset doesn't work, then I think the router may have died. Are you sure it has reset to factory settings? Once you have reset it, you would have to put all your ISP details, Wi-Fi passwords in again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:03 pm 

Alan wrote:

If a factory reset doesn't work, then I think the router may have died. Are you sure it has reset to factory settings? Once you have reset it, you would have to put all your ISP details, Wi-Fi passwords in again.

I tried a different router but still no connection, what could be the cause.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:28 pm 

Alan wrote:

Hi I have a tp link TD-W8961N

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:19 pm 
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

If you have tried another router, and you still cannot connect to the internet , then the fault will either be with your line, internally or externally. Get your ISP to check out your line.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:38 am 

Troubleshooting for Xbox 360 connection issues is divided into three general categories:

Can’t connect: The console is unable to detect or connect to your home network, or can’t establish an Internet connection, or can’t connect to Xbox Live. If this is the case, select MY CONSOLE CAN’T CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE, below.
Poor connection quality: Although the console is able to connect to Xbox Live, there are connection quality issues, such as poor streaming quality, random disconnects, or slow performance. If this is the case, select I CAN CONNECT, BUT I AM EXPERIENCING CONNECTION QUALITY ISSUES, below.
Sign-in issues: The console can connect to Xbox Live, but you need help signing in to your account. If you can’t remember your Microsoft account email address, go to the Lost Account Solution for help. If you need to reset your sign-in password, go to the Lost Password Solution for help.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]