DLINK G664T

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
luky

DLINK G664T

Post by luky » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:56 am

Hi,
I just succesfully manage to configure and run DLINK g664t rooter with RouterTech 2.3 firmware. Here are some observations which may help others.

1) Standard RouterTEch 2.3 firmware "routertech-ar7wrd-adam2-firmware-20070604_single" is possible to flash and get the Web interface after upgrade, however on the next reboot (after save of config) the route goes dead and you have to debrick it using "Corrupted image" option in dlink flashing utility
2) Better option is DarkWolf modded firmware, which flashs and run correctly even after reboots
3) Annex B support of G664T is using dsp62B driver not dsp6B as is somewhere in the forums mentioned. Correct command to use Annex B is
echo "dsp_ver dsp62B" > /proc/sys/dev/adam2/environment
and reboot

Hope it helps
Luky
wolfie

Post by wolfie » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:13 am

sorry I am newbie,can you describe (step by step :roll: ) how to change modem to annex B using hercules setup utility or ms telnet ?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: DLINK G664T

Post by thechief » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:16 pm

luky wrote:Hi,
I just succesfully manage to configure and run DLINK g664t rooter with RouterTech 2.3 firmware. Here are some observations which may help others.

1) Standard RouterTEch 2.3 firmware "routertech-ar7wrd-adam2-firmware-20070604_single" is possible to flash and get the Web interface after upgrade, however on the next reboot (after save of config) the route goes dead and you have to debrick it using "Corrupted image" option in dlink flashing utility
2) Better option is DarkWolf modded firmware, which flashs and run correctly even after reboots
3) Annex B support of G664T is using dsp62B driver not dsp6B as is somewhere in the forums mentioned. Correct command to use Annex B is
echo "dsp_ver dsp62B" > /proc/sys/dev/adam2/environment
and reboot

Hope it helps
Luky
If the Dlink uses an ATMEL flash (and I would imagine that it does), then you have used the wrong RT firmware image.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
luky

Post by luky » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:18 am

So which is the correct image? Nonetheless, darkwolf image is working
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:15 am

luky wrote:So which is the correct image?
The one with "ATMEL" in its name.
luky wrote:Nonetheless, darkwolf image is working
Of course. It is a mod of the RT firmware for the ATMEL flash.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
KevinR
Regular
Regular

Post by KevinR » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:24 pm

thechief wrote:The one with "ATMEL" in its name.
Sorry if I'm being dense, but none of the variants on the 2.3 release page of the forum have ATMEL in their name?
The 2.2 release note says that the package may now support some atmel based devices.... but not the switch in some dlinks....?

So I remain a bit confused and uncertain. Others may be the same?

I know DarkWolf's done his variant too but I'm equally uncertain of going that route.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:40 pm

The 4-port adam2 wireless (not TNETW1350A) contains an ATMEL directory with a single image needed for the D-Link G604T.

There is a separate single image which is questionably for the G664T? - if confirmed not appropriate - the comment on the download page should be changed.

DarkWolf's version is a variant on the ATMEL single image referred above, search on these forums for a post with an explanation in English about what is changed (default LED, DSP version etc)
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:00 am

Ok, I have now gone back and checked the beta test reports. The reports were to the effect that the 664T does not have an ATMEL flash chip (but rather that it has an AMD flash chip). So the standard Adam2 single image should work with the G664T, and the Darkwolf mod should not work.

If the standard image does not work on your router, but the Darkwolf mod does work on it, then something clearly is wrong. Can you please check your router to see which flash chip it uses? You will need to open up the box to inspect it visually (sorry I don't know of any other way to verify this via software).

If yours has an ATMEL flash, then the case is that some 664Ts have an AMD flash while some have an ATMEL flash. This would make this router that more difficult to support (i.e., people will have to open up their box to ascertain visually the manufacturer of the flash chip).

If you have an ATMEL flash, then you have to use the image in the ATMEL directory (or Darkwolf's mod). If you have an AMD flash, then you have to use the standard Adam2 single image.
KevinR
Regular
Regular

Post by KevinR » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:02 pm

mstombs, & the chief: Thanks for the snippets of info here.

On this guy's 664 - it may be that there are (now) variants of the 664. I know the g604t had 3 hardware revisions AND its not that clear what the differences were. Some of dlink's firmware appears (to me atleast) to be version specific.

So it may also be useful if he checks the revision information on the model/serial number label.
luky

Post by luky » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:02 am

Actually I am not really willing to open my box as it is still under warranty, however I am running succesfully DarkWolf mod, here is my system diagnostic report
Operating system version
Linux version 2.4.17_mvl21-malta-mips_fp_le (root@localhost.localdomain) () #1 Mon Jun 4 17:31:10 BST 2007

Firmware version information
BUILD=RouterTech_3.6.0D_20070613_2.30
VERSION=RTech-DarkWolf-DLink
BOARD=AR7WRD
FSSTAMP=20070613233015

Wireless version information
5.7.0.6, 1/4/2005

PSP version information

Linux OS DSL-PSPOhioL version 4.5.0.5 Best and Final on BasePSP Version 5.7.6.12 Jun 4 2007 17:32:24
Avalanche SOC Version: 0x20005 operating in cached, write back, write allocate mode
Cpu Frequency:150 MHZ
System Bus frequency: 125 MHZ

Driver version information
Texas Instruments CPMAC driver version: 1.5
Texas Instruments CPMAC HAL version: CPMAC 01.07.08 Jun 4 2007 17:31:22
ATM Driver version:[6.01.03.00]
DSL HAL version: [6.01.02.00]
DSP Datapump version: [6.02.01.00] Annex B
SAR HAL version: [01.07.2c]
PDSP Firmware version:[0.54]
Chipset ID: [7300/7300A]

TI Linux LED Driver Version 0.1
What's more, if there are more hw versions, how would dlink itself support them? They have just one fw type for all routers on theirs web - ftp.dlink.de
KevinR
Regular
Regular

Post by KevinR » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:22 pm

luky: understand your position on opening the box.

Your hardware revision should be in the label on the side near the model/serial number.

Taking the g604t as an example it has A B & C revision and some of those have 3 minor revisions. Some markets have had only A revisions (as far as I can tell) - so it varies. I have not got to the bottom of it but their firmware used to be sensitive to the hardware revision whereas some of the later ones may be common. On the other hand the C revision appears to get its own version 3 firmware... its all a bit vague. The aus site lists the firmware separately for each hardware revision.

Wireless cards are even worse. Most of the manufacturers have shipped atleast 2 or three different chipsets as the same device number. The firmware is very chipset specific (as is compatibilty with older laptops) so they can be a nightmare.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:18 pm

luky wrote:What's more, if there are more hw versions, how would dlink itself support them? They have just one fw type for all routers on theirs web - ftp.dlink.de
If the DarkWolf mod works for you, then fine - but it shouldn't work unless your router has an ATMEL flash.

Unless and until someone wishes to open up his box to inspect the flash chip visually, there is really nothing else to be said.
silenec
Novice
Novice

Post by silenec » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:16 am

luky wrote:Actually I am not really willing to open my box as it is still under warranty
You won't lose your warranty by opening it, there is no "warranty void" label or anything.
Here is my AMD flash modem.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:44 am

There usually is a sticker or bit of plastic that breaks off that does ensure your warranty is void if device opened!

The flash chip in the photo is bottom right seems to be

4Mb AMD part no AM29LV320DB
DarkWolf
Novice
Novice

Post by DarkWolf » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:45 pm

thechief wrote:
luky wrote:What's more, if there are more hw versions, how would dlink itself support them? They have just one fw type for all routers on theirs web - ftp.dlink.de
If the DarkWolf mod works for you, then fine - but it shouldn't work unless your router has an ATMEL flash.
Unless and until someone wishes to open up his box to inspect the flash chip visually, there is really nothing else to be said.
Sorry my friends!
We (member of hwupgrade forum) have successfully installed Atmel kernel in every flash model.
AMD kernel image works only with amd flash chip, instead Atmel kernel image works fine on Atmel and also AMD flash :wink:
Maybe Vathek and/or cicala can confirm.
Last edited by DarkWolf on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.