THOMPSON SPEEDTOUCH ST516 PASSWORD.

Talk about anything you like here: as long as it's technical, doesn't fit into the other categories and is within the rules. Questions and discussions about operating systems, programming, websites, hosting, ADSL etc. are particularly welcome here.
kanelodr

THOMPSON SPEEDTOUCH ST516 PASSWORD.

Post by kanelodr » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:22 pm

MY OLD DSL ROUTER OVERHEATED AND NOW I FOUND A NEW FROM A DIFFERENT ISP BUT IT IS PASSWORD LOCKED. I tried to reset the modem but it didnt work. I used the web interface and and it keeps asking for a username and password which i dont know. I tried with telnet with root as user and root as password but nothing.

If someone has another idea how can i get to this router it would be apreciated.

THOMPSON SPEEDTOUCH ST516 V6.

tHANKS
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Re: THOMPSON SPEEDTOUCH ST516 PASSWORD.

Post by Steve » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:10 pm

A quick search on google gives the default username as Administrator and password is left blank.

Which, lets face it, would have been on my short list of obvious ones to try. :roll:
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
kanelodr

Post by kanelodr » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:44 pm

Sorry but it didnt work. I tried with user administrator and left password blank
When i enter to the web interface it shows me the message : Authentication required. Please enter a new user name. Also when i try the command interface... telnetting... is not connecting.
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:13 am

note the capital "A" in Administrator. make sure you have reset it to factory defaults.
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
arssant

Post by arssant » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:43 am

Hi.

Thomson speedtouch series, 516 and 585, and newer 7xx, are commonly firmware locked by ISP.
So you need unloock it before use your 516 over a different account/ISP than the original ones.

Just google 516 jtag or 585 jtag, you will find how.