B-Focus ECI 352+ wireless bridge mode ????

Specific forum for all wireless related issues. Even if you have a wireless router, only post here if you have a question about issues with the wireless functionality of it. Questions about wireless access points, cards, hot-spots etc. are also welcome here.
issayatim

B-Focus ECI 352+ wireless bridge mode ????

Post by issayatim » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:58 am

Dear all,

I have updated my ECI 352+ with Routertech firmware and everything seems to be OK. everything working and wireless is working.
I want to use it as wireless client bridge or Repeater but i couldn't find this option.
any idea how to set it up to be used as wireless bridge .
i updated one of my linksys routers with the DD-WRT firmware and it addedd these option.
any idea if this option is available and how to set it up???
thanks
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: B-Focus ECI 352+ wireless bridge mode ????

Post by mstombs » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Searching for that router brings up an interesting guide - most of which also applies to RouterTech firmware

http://ioannis.mpsounds.net/blog/2006/0 ... on-manual/

Which probably means you have the 1130 wireless chip. The 1350 does support WDS, but probably not to Linksy/Broadcom/dd-wrt as WDS tends to be manufacturer specific.

So sorry, I don't think RouterTech firmware offers the wireless bridging you are looking for.
ChristosMakariou

Re: B-Focus ECI 352+ wireless bridge mode ????

Post by ChristosMakariou » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:48 pm

I have also the b-focus 352 router. Can I install dd_wrt to make it log in via the wireless part of it to my neighbor's wifi hotspot and then 'connect via ethernet cable via the rj45 socket to a switch inside the house assuming off course that it is going to bridge to my home's network where all my computers are connected and possibly a home wifi hotspot router for my cellphones and laptops via wifi.