asking for a recommendation

Specific forum for all wireless related issues. Even if you have a wireless router, only post here if you have a question about issues with the wireless functionality of it. Questions about wireless access points, cards, hot-spots etc. are also welcome here.
aa85_64

asking for a recommendation

Post by aa85_64 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:18 pm

hi
I've got these three dlink products : DSL-2640T, DSL-2640U & DWL-G700AP
what i want to do is to choose two of these products,connect one of them to my ADSL modem(the ADSL modem will be the DHCP sever and it has got another brand,so none of the above dlink products will be used as an ADSL modem,i just want to use their wireless capability) and the other one will be used in another floor of my apartment,which will be connected to my satellite receiver through wire.the two wireless products will be connected to each other wirelessly,so it means that the two must support WDS.as far as i checked into these devices setup,only the DSL-240U supports WDS, the 2640T doesn't have the option although i saw something like that in the user manual and the DWL-G700AP is an access point which supports three Modes : 1.Access Point 2-Repeater. 3- AP Client
is there anyway to implement these settings?