Wireless Repeater mode

Specific forum for all wireless related issues. Even if you have a wireless router, only post here if you have a question about issues with the wireless functionality of it. Questions about wireless access points, cards, hot-spots etc. are also welcome here.
soccnut

Wireless Repeater mode

Post by soccnut » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi,

I have flashed my WAG200G with PSP bootloader and Routertech 2.97 and am trying to configure it to act as a wireless repeater for my network. My main modem is a 2wire 2701hgv-e which is connected to voip and tv so i am unable to flash it with any custom firmware. It does not support WDS mode also.

Therefore, i cannot use WDS mode and am trying to configure my WAG200G to extend the range of my wifi signal. Is it possible with Routertech firmware?

Thanks
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Wireless Repeater mode

Post by thechief » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:46 pm

It is only possible through WDS.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
cristiaw
Novice
Novice

Post by cristiaw » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:30 am

Hi folks,

I have same problem, have a Cisco ea4500 of root/server of internet and another router linksys wag200 with routertech 2.97 i need to connect it client of ea4500. I cant do it..

I try many way and I cant...

A question, routertech can connect with another routertech ONLY ?

Anybody knows if with the original firmware of linkisys is possible connect them ?

Thanks in advance
Christian
Sorry by my english
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:09 am

cristiaw wrote:A question, routertech can connect with another routertech ONLY ?
No. People connect RouterTech routers to all sorts of other routers all the time.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.