Problems with wireless router (old safecom swart)

Specific forum for all wireless related issues. Even if you have a wireless router, only post here if you have a question about issues with the wireless functionality of it. Questions about wireless access points, cards, hot-spots etc. are also welcome here.
bobbytwofour

Problems with wireless router (old safecom swart)

Post by bobbytwofour » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi

I had a problem with my internet but router connection was ok. In trying to fix it (I'm not very techie at all) I've made it a lot worse and now cant connect to the router. Think I rebooted the router and now I have unsecured my network (it was secure before) and error"this computer is set up to connect to swart2-54125 with security enabled however this is an unsecured network".

I'm told I need to get into the router but cant seem to do that, have tried using 192.168.1.1 but no joy. tried using command ipconfig and says no connection or something. also been told to try connecting with a cable and then fix it so might try that as working late and using computer here as no internet at home.

If someone can find a manual for the safecom router that would be a start. have tried looking but no joy or if anyone knows the ip or how to get into it to change the security settings?

Right..off home...thanks in advance for any help. Happy to pay if someone can help sort this as i really need it fixing and have been to a local shop, tried friends, called the isp and no joy.

Cheers
Bob