Wireless not working on Dlink 2640T after thunderstrom

Specific forum for all wireless related issues. Even if you have a wireless router, only post here if you have a question about issues with the wireless functionality of it. Questions about wireless access points, cards, hot-spots etc. are also welcome here.
magdlink

Wireless not working on Dlink 2640T after thunderstrom

Post by magdlink » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:53 pm

Networking noob here. It was half way through the thunderstorm my DSL2640T stopped sending signals over WIFI but WLAN indicator is still ON. Went through the forum and found similar problem but the solutions dont work for me. The thing is, i dont want to change my firmware, all I want is my wireless to start working again. All 4 wired LAN ports work just fine. Can access internet through them.Here is what I did

1. Restarted router n times already.
2. Unplugged the power socket after/before powering off the unit n times already
3. Restored to factory settings using web interface/ hardware button twice.
4. Ran RUC, results in attachment
5. Logged into router telnet but didnt know what to change n how so logged out.

so thought i will let the experts handle the situation.please help
Attachments
check-20120925_201031_Dlink G604T.txt
FYI
(11.57 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Wireless not working on Dlink 2640T after thunderstrom

Post by thechief » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:22 pm

All is not well with your router's environment
HWA_O 00:0D:88:CB:B2:0A
MAC_ap 00:0D:88:CB:B2:0B
HWA_0 00:1B:11:3A:49:73
mac_ap 00:1B:11:3A:49:74
So, different entries for these variables. One of them (mac_ap) represents the router's wireless MAC and neither of the values matches the WLAN_EEPROM0 and WLAN_EEPROM1 variables. Duplicate entries are a sign of a fragmented environment. Invalid entries represent human error.

You can try the Wireless Environment Builder (see the Firmware FAQ in my signature) - but you have to supply it with the correct wireless MAC - and I am not sure what your chances of success are.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
magdlink

Post by magdlink » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:17 am

thanks for the reply.

Wireless Environment Builder returns a "runtime error 91- object variable or with block variable not set" after i enter the router login details and click on "Get Details from router". Winsock file is in the same folder. created a registry entry to solve the runtime error(found in another website) but doestn solve.

about the correct mac address to enter in WEB, can i find it in the router's web interface or in the sticker under the router?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:10 am

Try the Firmware Tool as an alternative to the W.E.B.

As for the correct MAC, it should be on a sticker on the router.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
magdlink

Post by magdlink » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:26 am

Voila!! Wireless works just as fine as it used to. The best part is, I didn't do anything. I got busy with something else so couldn't try the firmware tool. But now wireless works. Should I run RUC again to know whats happening with my router?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Probably - but the RUC may not tell you anything better than it told you before. Your router has problems that need to be addressed, otherwise all this will just happen again, and, next time, you may not be so lucky.

You should take a look at the Product Information page on the "Status" menu, and see what the firmware thinks your wireless MAC is.