Connecting 2 routers wireless for extended coverage

Specific forum for all wireless related issues. Even if you have a wireless router, only post here if you have a question about issues with the wireless functionality of it. Questions about wireless access points, cards, hot-spots etc. are also welcome here.
commando82

Connecting 2 routers wireless for extended coverage

Post by commando82 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:27 am

Hello,

Can you guys help me understand in detail how can i connect my 2 wireless routers wirelessly for extended coverage around my house.

I apologize in advance for my noobness :)

Here's my issue: I have my new DLINK-DIR655 router connected to my modem and to my PC using an Ethernet cord and ofcourse providing wireless coverage but it's not enough as i barely get signal in my bedroom upstairs. The router is located in my office downstairs in a corner. I was thinking of using my old Netgear WGR614 v9 as a repeater and place it in the living room downstairs that way i can connect my devices in my bedroom upstairs to it and get better signal. So, how can i connect my main router, the DLINK, to my repeater router, Netgear, wirelessly and have them both be able to provide internet access as well as being secured.

Thanks for your help in advance
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Connecting 2 routers wireless for extended coverage

Post by thechief » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:19 pm

The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.