SWART2 5415 COMPLETE BEGINNER

Specific forum for all wireless related issues. Even if you have a wireless router, only post here if you have a question about issues with the wireless functionality of it. Questions about wireless access points, cards, hot-spots etc. are also welcome here.
aged

SWART2 5415 COMPLETE BEGINNER

Post by aged » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:50 pm

Right here goes nothing.Being unable to figure out how to cnnect to aol on my asr8400 .Now borrowed one of these to try,Have manged to conect to aol .{took more than a few attempts lol}Would like to try wirless side of it but having no joy with it .would like to help out friend with a connection.when I not here ,he would run wirless into the router.I need a step by step instruction nothing to complicated.getting to aged for complications . Right a little about what i know log in to router on 192....
it says RouterTech AR7WRD presume that is the firmware version for this router. isp is aol , using ethernet to connect from pc to router ,please any pointers not cusours{lol} to help me would be gratefully accepted thanks in advance for any info Aged
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:34 pm

The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
aged

Post by aged » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:17 pm

Thank you for this given it a try. Unable to find it from my main machine on the ethernet cable might be card it other pc never mind .Try it and see
ok think i go back to cable connection in my shack.why can i not see the wireless side of the router
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:10 pm

Try downloading netstumbler from www.netstumbler.com and run ot on the wireless Pc to make sure the router ssid can be seen - could be a simple loose wireless card in the router..... :wink:
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
aged

Post by aged » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:43 pm

thanks need to get this checked out first dont want offer him something i not happy with need to secure it as well will run on other pc and wireless network into this one and his other pc just got windows on and that all and ant i virus ,spyware software,firewall on wifi servef box
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:44 pm

WEP security is enabled by default in the RouterTech firmware. If your wireless PC does not have the correct WEP code, you will never connect. The first thing is to check that the WEP code for your wireless card is the same as the one enabled in the router.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.