WAG 200g in bridge/repeater mode

Specific forum for all wireless related issues. Even if you have a wireless router, only post here if you have a question about issues with the wireless functionality of it. Questions about wireless access points, cards, hot-spots etc. are also welcome here.
pugsang

WAG 200g in bridge/repeater mode

Post by pugsang » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:00 am

Hello,

I own a WAG200g modem/router and successfully installed the RT firmware 2.97 by following your detailed instructions. The problem the I'm facing is the following:

I have a ZTE 931 VII VDSL modem/router as my basic router to receive internet from my ISP. I also have a TL-WR741nd v4.22 router loaded with Gargloyle 1.5.9 firmware in Bridge/extender mode connected to my primary router that connects and works without any problem with setup like in the below generic picture found form the internet that represents my current setup:

Image.

The whole network is secured with WPA security.
I want to use the WAG200g as another bridge/extender as in the picture above in order to include two more clients to my network. I have followed the detailed instructions mentioned here:firmware-faq/RouterTech_WDS.pdf in order to set the Linksys in Crude mode but I cannot achieve my goal. The WAG200 does not connect to my primary router, neither to the second TPLink router.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions in order to make it work? I've tried everything but had no luck. Does the above gargoyle mode have any relation with the RT Crude WDS mode? Is there any chance of making it work?

Waiting for your help if possible.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: WAG 200g in bridge/repeater mode

Post by thechief » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:07 pm

RouterTech_WDS.pdf wrote:This tutorial assumes that:
• all the routers involved have “1350A” (i.e., TNETW1350A) wireless chips, and are running
RouterTech 1350A wireless firmware v2.97 or higher;
I would be surprised if it could work otherwise.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
pugsang

Post by pugsang » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:19 pm

OK! Is there any possibility then to have this router into client bridge mode like the tplink with gargoyle?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:30 pm

pugsang wrote:OK! Is there any possibility then to have this router into client bridge mode like the tplink with gargoyle?
Not as far as I am aware.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
pugsang

Post by pugsang » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:32 pm

OK thank you for your help. I already trashed away the WAG200 to the recycle bin. Time to pay.....