internet leeching

Specific forum for all wireless related issues. Even if you have a wireless router, only post here if you have a question about issues with the wireless functionality of it. Questions about wireless access points, cards, hot-spots etc. are also welcome here.
PsychoDuck

internet leeching

Post by PsychoDuck » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:02 pm

so, my brother has come back from uni, and as such has bought back a large array of things that can connect to the internet (i.e. laptop ipad xbox etc.etc.). however the one i am going to focus this question on is his laptop. we both connect wirelessly to the router, and when i am the only one on the internet get amazing signal and fast load times, however if he even as such turns his internet on, not even doing anything with it, but just merely has it on, I lose all connection and cant do anything internet based. i have asked him at times to just turn it off, which he does until i leave the room, and when i do he switches it back on hoping i havnt realised. is there anyway i can say to the router what the priority connection is easily? thankyou
Alan
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: internet leeching

Post by Alan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:50 am

Yes. Look for QOS in your router admin. Set your pc to a high priority, and his to a lower one.
I Wanna Live 'till I Die!