Netgear n900, no wireless

Specific forum for all wireless related issues. Even if you have a wireless router, only post here if you have a question about issues with the wireless functionality of it. Questions about wireless access points, cards, hot-spots etc. are also welcome here.
megaerik00

Netgear n900, no wireless

Post by megaerik00 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:56 am

I've had my Netgear n900 for a few years now and up until recently it was a champ. A few days ago my wireless connection mysteriously vanished. The internet seems fine, as i can directly hardwire the Ethernet cable directly into a laptop, and the internet works fine. No errors with my router according to the LED's, all are solid green(blue for 5ghz). Ive reset the thing plenty, did a factory reset, updated to the latest firmware, all of which have been useless. I'm well past any warranties/returns. I tried contacting netgear support (or a least what i thought was netgear support, turned out to be a 3rd party, who alluded to it being some issue with an IP conflict, saying they could fix it for several hundred dollars, haha, and buying a new router would not fix the problem, which i find hard to believe) . After getting the real netgear support line it was a pretty similar experience, so that's another dead end. I'm pretty dense when it comes to routers,but any and all help would be greatly appreciated.