How to Disable Wireless from Admin UI on SWBRU-54108 ?

Specific forum for all wireless related issues. Even if you have a wireless router, only post here if you have a question about issues with the wireless functionality of it. Questions about wireless access points, cards, hot-spots etc. are also welcome here.
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

How to Disable Wireless from Admin UI on SWBRU-54108 ?

Post by Shotokan101 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:53 pm

Hi - I've got a SWAMRU-54108 and the admin I/F allows me to disable the Wireless function - and I've also got a SWBRU-54108 which doesn't but is basically the same router without the ADSL MOdem - so my question is.....

.....is it possible to tell from the admin page html code on the SWAMRU how to disable the wireless on the SWBRU and if so how do I modify the admin page for wireless on the SWBRU to test it.... :wink:
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:15 pm

<BUMP>
Jim

biro
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by biro » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:30 pm

Know nothing about the SWAMRU / SWBRU but from the MAC code I suspect it runs firmware written by AMIT ( MAC's are registered as AMIT ) If it is and it's anything like the SWASPUR firmware then there are no HTML pages as such as they are embedded in the webserver.

One posibilty may be to edit the backup config if it is human readable ( if anything like the SWSAPUR then it isn't )

Or try and find a firmware for a clone.
ImageImageImage
All my posts on RouterTech.org are Copyright RouterTech.org
G'Day Laura
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:57 pm

HI Biro - thanks for the input :)

...already found a clone Levelone seem to do most of the "old" safecom wireless routers (and possibly the newer adsl2/2+ - haven't checked) but don't think that they have any newr versions than safecom - and haven't had the "bottle" yet to downgrade mine with their firmware to check if it allows the AP to be enabled/disabled :?

I've had a look at the saved config files before and they'r not human readable (perhaps you or Neo might feel different :twisted: ) - although as I've noted in the past my router password is stored in plain text !!!!!!! :shock:

I'm pretty sure thatNeo had a look at the web page stuff in the past - so I was hoping that it might be possible to "fors feec url type data" to the router to set some hiden settings values if the pages cannot be modded and uploaded....... :?
Jim

Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:14 pm

Hmmm...could you PM me a copy of your config file please (removing your password first)?

It may be possible to call up 'hidden' or unused modules or to disable the wireless modules (like prism back on the Class I routers).
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:32 pm

Will Do - but how about I change my password on the router first before saving it and then chnage it back again after ?

As you've got a SWAMRU Neo - do you want me to send you the SWAMRU Config instead of the SWBRU ?
Jim

Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:07 pm

shoto wrote:how about I change my password on the router first before saving it and then chnage it back again after
...that might be easier :)
shoto wrote:As you've got a SWAMRU Neo - do you want me to send you the SWAMRU Config instead of the SWBRU
Erm...I still haven't got a SWAMRU :( Could you send me both configs, if possible? :)
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:27 pm

DOH !

Just presumed that you had one - following your excellent review - or am I even more mixed up than usual ? :lol:

I'll PM a sanitised config for both :wink:
Jim

Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:46 pm

I did have a SWAMRU (which I reviewed) but I decided not to keep it and passed it on to Kieran (soon after the review) :)

Thanks for the files - I was hoping that they were either plain-text or used a similar format to the Class II routers' config, but it seems they are using a different proprietary format :(
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:05 pm

Neo wrote:I did have a SWAMRU (which I reviewed) but I decided not to keep it and passed it on to Kieran (soon after the review) :)

Thanks for the files - I was hoping that they were either plain-text or used a similar format to the Class II routers' config, but it seems they are using a different proprietary format :(

Code: Select all

I've had a look at the saved config files before and they'r not human readable (perhaps you or Neo might feel different Twisted Evil ) - although as I've noted in the past my router password is stored in plain text !!!!!!! Shocked 
...that'swhat I meant by not human readable :lol:

....and I did know that you didn't have a swamru any more - just forgot all the work you did for me on the router diag. :oops:

....is there anything to be gleaned from the web page sources from the SWBR or SWBAR - I think one of the admins has one of thes ? or migh just be a regular on AT :?
Jim