Help identifying Origo Wireless Router

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
Fozzie Bear
Novice
Novice

Help identifying Origo Wireless Router

Post by Fozzie Bear » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:00 am

Hi,
Please can someone assist in identifying the Origo Wireless router model that I have as there are no real identifying marks and I dont have the packaging.
It is basically a blue grey rectangular plastic box 160mm long x 110mm wide and about 28mm deep with 6 dual purpose LEDs on the front. Power /Wlan, WAN and one for each LAN port.
On the back are four RJ45 ports for the built in hub and a fourth for the WAN. I therefore assume there is no built in DSL modem and that this is to be used with a dsl modem or cable modem? The unit has a single WiFi antenna located adjacent the power supply socket.

As regards markings, on the top it just says ORIGO 802.11b Wireless Router.
On the bottom WLAN Broadband Router CE0560 (which I assme to be the CE Conformity number) and an FCC ID:PANWL 1502.
I assumed the last number to be the model number but after trying several google searches of the web nothing came up related to Origo.
Any help identifying the router would be appreciated, in particular tracking down a manual and a power supply for it.
I cant use it as a DSL router but was hoping to use it as a Bridge or Wireless AP.

Many thanks
Fozzie
Martyn
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Martyn » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:43 am

Based on the FCC ID it appears to be made by ADT.

The user manuals can be downloaded from the FCC site https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/e ... 'PANWL1502'

(there appears to be something in the url that screws up {url} tag sorry)

As you surmise, it is a broadband router for use on cable. I haven't read through the manual, but hopefully there should be sufficient info to allow you to source a power supply through somebody like Maplin.
Mugwump's Origo Repair CD