weird voyager 210 problem!!

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
k-o-r-n-k-i-d

weird voyager 210 problem!!

Post by k-o-r-n-k-i-d » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi

in the past i have had problems with my home network and after many frustrating phone calls to my ISP (AOL) and my line provider (BT) i finally managed to get them to send an engineer out to re-lay a new line and everything has been fine for months , until now...

i returned home after being away for a week (everything was left powered off) to discover my router's (BT Voyager 210) 'Internet' light not lit. ('Power', 'DSL' and 'Ethernet' lit but no 'Internet' light)

i use this single-ethernet socket router in conjunction with a belkin 5 port network switch to share the internet connection with 2 pcs and my xbox 360 and this setup has worked fine for a long time.

the very strange problem i now have is that even though the 'Internet' light is not lit, i CAN use the connection to browse the net etc.. on one PC.

i can not however use the connection on my xbox 360 (passes IP test then fails DSL test) and the other PC.

i find this very strange because ALL THREE devices receive the connection through the same network switch using ethernet cables so why why why can this PC receive a proper connection when my other devices cannot???!!

the diagnostics test on the voyager 210 configuration page shows the following...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test the connection to your local network
Test your Ethernet Connection: PASS
Test your USB Connection: DOWN

Test the connection to your ADSL service provider
Test ADSL Synchronization: PASS
Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: FAIL
Test ATM OAM F5 end-to-end ping: FAIL

Test the connection to your Internet service provider
Test PPP server connection: PASS
Test authentication with ISP: FAIL
Test the assigned IP address: N/A
Ping default gateway: N/A

------------------------------------------------------------------------

just as a final note...

i have not altered any settings on my router since this setup was fully functional, i have checked and all settings are correct including username/password.

this is really really frustrating as i have absolutely no idea whats wrong and both ISP and line providers are very unhelpful over the phone.

i'm postive its my router cus an older voyager basic modem fully lights up including 'internet' but i obvisouly cant use this to test the network because it has no router functionality.

ANY help or advice would be much appreciated!!

cheers, Tom.