SWSAPUR FTP Samba access

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
khan

SWSAPUR FTP Samba access

Post by khan » Tue May 02, 2006 1:07 pm

Is there anyway to have the FTP server running and disable the Samba server so that I can allow external access via FTP ( from work ) and not have the files / directory be accessible on the LAN.

Also is it possible to change the number of connections from 1 per IP to at least 2.
SyBorg
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by SyBorg » Tue May 02, 2006 1:36 pm

khan,

Perhaps it would be more efficient if you were to redirect the user from the ADSLTech Forum to Routertech rather than simply re-asking his question to us?

It will allow us to get to the bottom of the issue quicker as well as informing him where to go in future for support.
We learn something every day, and lots of times it’s that what we learned the day before was wrong.
—Bill Vaughan
CropRotation
Regular
Regular

Post by CropRotation » Tue May 02, 2006 3:18 pm

Bulls Eye Syborg. Safecom has shoot itself in the foot on AT and now trying to take up things in a hush hush way.
dataman
Novice
Novice

Post by dataman » Wed May 24, 2006 10:31 pm

To save adsltech the bother of copying another of my posts over to here I'll do it myself.

--------------

Is there anyway to telnet into the device so I can maybe stop the Samba server ?

Is there anyway to change the password ( is currently a null password ) or to remove the 'hidden' username that allows root FTP access ?
biro
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by biro » Thu May 25, 2006 12:26 am

Not found anyway to get Telnet running
Is possible to get a serial console BUT requires soldering to the PCB and an TTL to RS232 converter ! from which telnet can be started but even then requires playing with the password file to setup a telnet account until someone finds the password. from the serial console is then possible to change number of connections per IP and disable samba !

It may be possible to do somethings via the config file but not yet managed to decipher it ! Samba usernames etc. are in plain text but is a lot that isn't !

If safecom where to comply with the GPL and release the source code then maybe possible to work out the config file settings ( somehow don't think they would tell me the settings contained in the config ! )

It may also be possible to mount the firmware filesystem (upgrade file ) but not yet worked out how, suspect the file would first need to be split into kernel and filesystem and the checksum removed before anything could be mounted. Again may be possible if the source code was released

Is a shame as the SWSAPUR could have a much bigger market if it was more configurable.
ImageImageImage
All my posts on RouterTech.org are Copyright RouterTech.org
G'Day Laura
neilius
Regular
Regular

Post by neilius » Thu May 25, 2006 9:23 pm

Apologies for going OT, but Safecom, please stop being naughty, as it's very bad form to come over to a forum you've blacklisted in order to get answers to pass on to members of your own forum in order to create the illusion that those answers came from YOU! Isn't that a little bit like the way in which you release firmware for certain routers? :twisted:
Alan
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Alan » Thu May 25, 2006 11:49 pm

Thank you Neilius :wink:
I Wanna Live 'till I Die!
markybrooknow
Experienced
Experienced

Post by markybrooknow » Fri May 26, 2006 9:10 am

Erm. I totally agree about Adsltech (I am banned fom there!) Sorry to jump in on this thread but it seems to have moved on.

I still, like many of us, use Safecom products. Now you lot have moved over none of the driver links work there. Is there another source for Safecom drivers apart from the aforementioned naughty site?
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri May 26, 2006 9:22 am

markybrooknow wrote:Erm. I totally agree about Adsltech (I am banned fom there!) Sorry to jump in on this thread but it seems to have moved on.

I still, like many of us, use Safecom products. Now you lot have moved over none of the driver links work there. Is there another source for Safecom drivers apart from the aforementioned naughty site?
You could try here :-

http://safecom.cn/code/product/

and welcome over here Markybrook :D
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
markybrooknow
Experienced
Experienced

Post by markybrooknow » Fri May 26, 2006 9:57 am

Thanks Jim. Stupid of me not to have tried the Safecom.cn site! But all my previous links were through Adsltech. Cheers. :oops:
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Fri May 26, 2006 10:37 am

markybrooknow wrote:Thanks Jim. Stupid of me not to have tried the Safecom.cn site! But all my previous links were through Adsltech. Cheers. :oops:
No Problem Marky.. :wink: - anything that helps keep people away from AT is good enough for me :lol:
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
dataman
Novice
Novice

Post by dataman » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:14 am

As I have been banned on the safecom forum and I know safecom staff visit here,
Is there any update on when the updated firmware will be released assuming safecom actually write / compile the firmware or is it that they are waiting on amit to rewrite the firmware for them.

No doubt it's asking too much for safecom to comply with the GPL and release the GPL source code. Unlike some manufacturers using the MBG100 PCB who have released the code such as Ovislink WMU-6000FS

Some info on the MGB100 can be found here http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS7538129611.html

Anyone on here who can translate this russian site http://midge.vlad.org.ua/forum/viewtopic.php?t=267
SyBorg
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by SyBorg » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:33 am

dataman wrote: Anyone on here who can translate this russian site http://midge.vlad.org.ua/forum/viewtopic.php?t=267
I just tried using the Babelfishtranslate page option and having read such classic lines as
Babelfish wrote:I read cake - yes the interesting device:
and
Babelfish wrote: For long I do not think and draw off the piercing:
I think I shall look no further for a source of entertainment for the next few days :rofls:

In all seriousness though you can just about get the gist of the page that way.
We learn something every day, and lots of times it’s that what we learned the day before was wrong.
—Bill Vaughan
Kieran
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Kieran » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:24 pm

dataman, there is little doubt that safecom have others write "their" code. It is because of this we never get the sourcecode. As for if they actually get someone else to write their code or if they just brand someone elses without informing them they have done so is something I will leave people to ponder...
Kieran
"Indeed!"
Invaluable links: Forum Rules | Networking Guides | FAQ | Site Search | Forum Search <-- Use it or feel my wrath!
No support via PM, please ask your questions in the forum!
chez
Novice
Novice

Post by chez » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:06 pm

Has anyone made progress on this?

I have bought this with the intention (like "TCC1000" AT another forum) to network a PVR unit (Topfield.)

Who actually designed this unit?
The photos of the various models available suggest that they are either one licensed design, or are actually assembled on the one assembly line.

Are there any photos available showing the component side of the board from the other marques? (I have only seen photos of the unit with the lid off, rather than the two sides of the PCB.)

The RDC Semiconductor site www.rdc.com.tw/eng/ has published the data sheets, but not a programming guide for this R8610 chip.

Kieran,
If this is a licensed design, then the code may well have been supplied as part of the package.
Are the source codes published by Ovislink, and SMC the complete things, or do they omit parts they wish to keep private?
Now son, this is the safe way to... ohh?