DSL-2640T updated like a charm

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
rasikajay
Novice
Novice

Post by rasikajay » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:25 am

thechief wrote:Some DLinks have dodgy/corrupt mtd3 partitions / environment. Cleaning your mtd3 / defragging your environment may help. At the moment, there is no safe or easy way to do that. But we will have a tool out in due course that can be used to do it.
oh ok..well in that case i'll wait for that tool! thanks chief.
Guantanamo
Novice
Novice

Post by Guantanamo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:58 pm

Hi all!! I have performed the update according with the tutorial, and all was done perfectly!! But, when i have entered the details of my connection, the router can detect it, but can't connect to it!! And the wireless not work too!! I have returned to the original firmware, but, if someone can tell me what i should to do (or what i have missed), it will be so fine, because i saw the RouterTech FW is much better than the original one!!
rasikajay
Novice
Novice

Post by rasikajay » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:05 pm

Guantanamo wrote:Hi all!! I have performed the update according with the tutorial, and all was done perfectly!! But, when i have entered the details of my connection, the router can detect it, but can't connect to it!! And the wireless not work too!! I have returned to the original firmware, but, if someone can tell me what i should to do (or what i have missed), it will be so fine, because i saw the RouterTech FW is much better than the original one!!
i have the same connection problem, it seems like its quite common with the 2640.

but your wireless should work.
have you tried setting "vlynq_polarity" to "low" (and reboot). if that doesnt work, use the Wireless Environment Builder (WEB) to rebuild your wireless env and reboot.
Guantanamo
Novice
Novice

Post by Guantanamo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:12 pm

I have tried setting "vlynq_polarity" to "low" and i have done all that we have in the tutorial. I haven't tried WEB for the wireless prob, because it's not the important prob!! The router should work with connection before trying to use the wireless, and it didn't do that!! I don't know why :roll: !!
rasikajay
Novice
Novice

Post by rasikajay » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:17 pm

Guantanamo wrote:I have tried setting "vlynq_polarity" to "low" and i have done all that we have in the tutorial. I haven't tried WEB for the wireless prob, because it's not the important prob!! The router should work with connection before trying to use the wireless, and it didn't do that!! I don't know why :roll: !!
well in that case, join the club!

im still tryin to figure the same problem my self. lol
Guantanamo
Novice
Novice

Post by Guantanamo » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:22 pm

Loooll!! I think i'll do the same of you, then i'll try another day, after some investigations, or i'll steel waiting any solution :D
Guantanamo
Novice
Novice

Post by Guantanamo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:08 pm

I have tried a three or four new upgrades to the RouterTech FW, and all is done perfectly, wireless is working too, but the router doesn't connect to my isp!! It just detect the connection correctly, but steel disconnected!! No way to make it working?!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:25 pm

So far, you've given very little information that can actually help in diagnosing your problem.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
inward

Post by inward » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:35 pm

I am from Viet Nam.
I have the the same problem. Cant connect to my isp with pppoe (VPI/VCI 8/35) setting. Configuration is right. I turn back to DLINK firmware and post this problem. I think there is somethings wrong in this firmwre 2.7.
My DSLAM use Huwai products.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:06 pm

inward wrote:I think there is somethings wrong in this firmwre 2.7.
There have been more than a thousand downloads, for as many different routers as one could care to think of. And 5 or 6 people having problems means that there is something wrong with the firmware? I doubt it.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
inward

Post by inward » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:30 pm

Sorry when i said that. and here is my Home screen:

Firmware version: RouterTech_ROHS_3.7.1B_20081005_2.70 20081005071359
System Uptime: 0 hours 2 minutes
DSL Status: Connected
DSL Speed: 636/2042kbps
Ethernet: Connected (Marvell switch)
WAN IP Address: N/A ("VDC")
WAN Uptime: 0 ("VDC")

All settings are correct.

I dont know why I can't connect to my isp, but after i upgrade back to DLINK firmware, my 2640T work properly.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:54 pm

Sorry, but this tells me little about your setup. Post the output of the system diagnostics.
inward

Post by inward » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:54 am

I'm sure that i setup with right configuration parameters, because i am now woking at a ADSL provider company.
I choose a new connecttion (i deleted default connection when upgrade to new firmware).
I choosed pppoe with pci/vci 8/35 and QoS with UBR(default) and others parameters are use by default.
Then I choosed connect and apply. Even when I 'Save All' and reboot my ADSL modem, i still didn't work.
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:10 am

Please post the system diagnostics as requested - the router log may be useful as well.

Jim
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
dacorsa

Post by dacorsa » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:00 pm

i have an dlink 2640B firmware: EU_4.00 hardware: B2, can i upgrade to routertech's firmware??

what version i have to use??

thanks!!