Problem with an Ntech AWR54-A (Solwise ADSL-SAR600EW)

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
St3althcAt

Problem with an Ntech AWR54-A (Solwise ADSL-SAR600EW)

Post by St3althcAt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:16 pm

Hello people! First time posting XD!

Every year my router has to go to warranty to get fixed with always the same "stupid" problem. This year (4 year I have it, I think) it was giving that same problem again, but this time I tried to fix it with a new firmware

Well, I got to you forum while searching for firmware for my router. I've read everything on posts about how to do it, what might go wrong, etc.. Download RUC, checked which firmware was better for me, downloaded it but when I tried to upgrade it with the Web Interface, it gave a checksum error. So I tried to update with Router Repair Tool and also download PCTool. The problem is that I used TIUpgrade. TIUpgrade gave an error and the program blocked, had to shut it down the "hard" way. When I reset my router, it has the power led always red and adsl and lan leds flash randomly. Can't connect to any web interface. I used Router Repair Tool to unbrick my router. It managed to connect successfully with the bootloader, but it gets stuck for more than 20 minutes at 33%, flashing firmware stuck at 0,25%.

Tried PCTool 2.3, it gets stuck in the middle of the Erasing process. I also thought this could be any incompatibilty with Windows Vista that this programs had, so I tried with Windows XP. Same thing happens. So now I turn to you. Anyway to solve this? Any tip?

I'll post any information required.

Thank you for your attention.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:03 pm

If your router has the Adam2 bootloader (which I suspect to be the case), then you must use PCTool v2.1.

Unfortunately, the RRT currently has problems upgrading certain wireless Adam2 routers.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
St3althcAt

Post by St3althcAt » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:46 am

Tried that. Also seen around here some posts saying that firewall, antivirus and windows defender could affect the program, so disable them. Even trie in safe mode. Locks up just like the same as version 2.3
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:11 am

PCTool v2.1 locks up under XP ?
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:13 pm

This is what I did with a problematic wireless Adam2 router:

1. Used the RRT to connect to the bootloader.
2. Used the RRT to set the MTDs for the firmware I wanted to upload.
3. Then used PCTool 2.1 to send the firmware file. It takes a while and it eventually crashed when it finished sending the file, but the firmware got on to the router.

I/we are still trying to get the RRT to work with these tricky routers so that it could do all three steps.
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
St3althcAt

Post by St3althcAt » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:50 pm

Didn't try on XP, all my PC's have Vista. Going to try that on XP then, and going to try also what Neo said. I'll post the result later.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:11 pm

St3althcAt wrote:all my PC's have Vista.
I sympathise with you. ;)