Edimax ROuter Help please

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
ippo20

Edimax ROuter Help please

Post by ippo20 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:27 pm

I have this Edimax Router BR-6140K and it should be restarted when i'm having a slow internet connection(BROWSING ONLY, GAMING On the other hand is not having problems). I'm using this router for my small internet shop, The router is connected directly to the modem(dsl) of course and connected to my 'Server PC(Cashier PC)', and the other cable to the switch that has 14 connections. My net shop is 24/7 so I dont turn off my Router / Switch / Modems and also my Server PC which also handles my Webserver and a gameserver for my Ragnarok. But having slow connections only occur thru browsing but Online Games work out just fine. e.g. Warcraft (Garena) or SpecialForce, etc. These games are not experiencing any slow connections or lag but somehow when surfing using IE or firefox, we couldnt browse. Somehow we can browse but its way to slow and sometimes it doesnt acces the site. when i ping my router's address (ping 192.168.2.1 -t) i am receiving too many timeouts but when I reset my router its all going fine again. The problem is, I cannot reset the router everytime its slowing down because some people are playing but the others are only browsing.. so if i reset the router, The people Playing Online Games will get disconnected. for the first 6-9 months ive been using this router it wasnt doing that. So i thought it was broken, somehow a friend of mine gave me another router of the same type and model that wasnt used(Brandnew and stocked) and it immediately experienced the same problem after a day. So now i reset the router almost everyday just to have smooth connections. Any help about this on what i can do to permanently avoid ressetting my router. FYI: i have a dynamic IP adress that changes my IP everytime i reset, so this would be a bugger if i reset it evertime and forces me to change my no-ip domain just so my webserver can be accessed by people viewing my site. Thanks.

My DSL doesnt provide any username or password, IM using DynamicIP and I just configured the DynamicIP part on my router admin page. I saw some MTU settings but its in the PPOE or PPTP settings. My DSL is PLDT MyDSL if thats any of help. Its just connected to the Phoneline on the DSL Modem and doesnt ask for a DSL USername and Password..
Attachments
edimax.jpg
my router Dynamic IP conf