Help with dsl-g624t

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
therax

Help with dsl-g624t

Post by therax » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:00 am

Hi

I got a dlink dsl-g264t and have flashed it with router techs firmware.
How do i configurate it to work, i live in sweden and dont really know were
to get the info or anything.
I know i should have gotten it but i have it for play to see what i can do becuse the original firmware wasent very nice to me.

But if it is not possibly to use it in sweden can i restore it if i have lost the backups by reinstall the original firmware. Hopefully i dont need this.

The reason i am asking is becuse i could use this device soon and like i said Dlinks software on it wasent so easy to use and it wouldent even allow me to keep my ip before i changed firmware.

Now i know this may sound noobish but you got to learn sometime right?
Shotokan101
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Shotokan101 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:45 am

Didn't you run the Router Upgrade Checker Tool before upgrading ?

Jim
Jim

.....I'm Sorry But I Can't Do That Dave.....
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:25 pm

I believe the following are applicable to Sweden. Google will tell you more, or your VPI=8 VCI=35 also the connection mey well be PPPoE not PPPoA which I think is the default under the RT firmware.

The rest of the set up is pretty straight forward under the Setup tab, quickstart connection.

Always use a LAN cable to connect to your router to set up. Once your internet connection is up and running, set up your wireless connection.

Post again if you're still having trouble.
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
therax

Post by therax » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Okay i will look and see thanks.

Shotokan101 wrote:Didn't you run the Router Upgrade Checker Tool before upgrading ?

Jim
Yes i did but that was some time ago, so my computer has been reinstalled and i have now gotten the need for a second router/dsl modem.