G604T Issues

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
UberMouse

G604T Issues

Post by UberMouse » Fri May 21, 2010 3:38 pm

My router likes to turn off while downloading some torrents (By turn off I mean the ADSL light goes off and I just have to restart it). It's been doing it for the past couple of weeks and seems to be random torrents they don't even need to have a large amount of peers.
Now what I basically want to know is:
1. Can I fix this without getting new firmware?
2. If I need to get new firmware which one do I get? Since I see the G604T is meant to have some issues.
3. Where else can I get a backup firmware other then the dlink ftp? Since the downloads always fail at 96%.
felixmarra
Regular
Regular

Re: G604T Issues

Post by felixmarra » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:24 am

Same problem with my 624T.

It was not in the past... i don't use torrent so much and i didn't realize since this problem started.

I'm pretty sure that with an old firmware the problem will be fixed as it was. The more update this firmware has, the more problem i'm getting :(

Till 2.91.1 only torrent problem, from 2.92 my router suicides after 70 hours (more or less), with 2.93 memory goes down very fast, i need to recharge webpages to open them when passing (more or less) 20 hours, icq and msn go disconnected... after other time the webgui is not longer available.

I tried reverting to DSP 6,2A and didn't solve the problems, just not able to connect in Fast Rate as it should be, only Interleaved...

I don't know what to say :( probably i will revert to a very old firmware upgrading till the torrent problem will arise again. This will be my "firmware limit".
Last edited by felixmarra on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
UberMouse

Post by UberMouse » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:25 am

You're using the routertech firmware? Since I didn't install that since it has issues with the G604T didn't want to brick the router.
felixmarra
Regular
Regular

Post by felixmarra » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:29 am

UberMouse wrote:You're using the routertech firmware? Since I didn't install that since it has issues with the G604T didn't want to brick the router.
Of course yes, i'm using routertech firmware.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:39 pm

felixmarra wrote:I'm pretty sure that with an old firmware the problem will be fixed as it was.
You're assuming that the problem is with the RT firmware. The only way you can test that assumption is to test it against another firmware, so perhaps you should go back to an "old firmware" then?
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
felixmarra
Regular
Regular

Post by felixmarra » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:49 pm

thechief wrote:
felixmarra wrote:I'm pretty sure that with an old firmware the problem will be fixed as it was.
You're assuming that the problem is with the firmware. The only way you can test that assumption is to go back to an "old firmware", so perhaps you should go back to an "old firmware" then?
Hey thechief, don't be angry :) I love this firmware and i will never finish to thank you for your work.

I need to clarify: with older firmware (but i don't remember which one cause I don't use torrent so much) I'm sure I had no problems at all with torrent.

Firmware or some settings into? I really don't know.

I can only say that my housemate used to download with torrent for months without problems but he stopped for some time and, meanwhile, i upgraded the firmware.

He returned to download again with torrent and we noticed this problem. I have two G624T and both have this problem even if I use torrent with my computer or others in both lans.

Since I don't use torrentit doesn't matter so much, but probably, if my free time will be not a problem in the future i will try to discover the latest functionally version and let u know.

Maybe u can investigate to find where is hiding the problem...
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 pm

I am not angry at all. 8) I just would prefer for people to come here with proven hypotheses rather than conjecture, which of course often leads to FUD. That is why I suggested going back to the "old firmware". You might well find that the problem is still there - which would mean that the cause is somewhere else.

FWIW, I've never had any problem with torrents on any RT firmware - and I download linux distros and other stuff fairly regularly. And I don't know of anything in the RT firmwares that should cause a problem with torrents.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
felixmarra
Regular
Regular

Post by felixmarra » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:20 pm

thechief wrote:I am not angry at all. 8) I just would prefer for people to come here with proven hypotheses rather than conjecture, which of course often leads to FUD. That is why I suggested going back to the "old firmware". You might well find that the problem is still there - which would mean that the cause is somewhere else.
that is right, but when u change only 1 thing.......... same PCs (but with others the problem is still there), same lan, same routers, same OS and same torrent software with the same options... the only things that I changed is firmware.
thechief wrote: FWIW, I've never had any problem with torrents on any RT firmware - and I download linux distros and other stuff fairly regularly. And I don't know of anything in the RT firmwares that should cause a problem with torrents.
Can u please tell me few things? Your torrent software and connection options that u use.

I will try with exactly the same configuration like u and I will let u know. Is it a good idea before reverting back to older firmware?
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:14 pm

I use have used all sorts of programs - uTorrernt, bitTorrent and Vuze - all with their default settings - and they all work perfectly fine.
felixmarra
Regular
Regular

Post by felixmarra » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:06 pm

thechief wrote:I use have used all sorts of programs - uTorrernt, bitTorrent and Vuze - all with their default settings - and they all work perfectly fine.
what is your router?

even if they should be almost the same...............
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:17 pm

felixmarra wrote:what is your router?
Safecom SWAMR-54125 and Solwise SAR 600EW RoHS.