Thomson 585v6 (HP) - POWER LED :RED

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
masterat0r

Thomson 585v6 (HP) - POWER LED :RED

Post by masterat0r » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Good day
I received the above mentioned model. It came blocked by the ISP in the country where it has been used. I managed to unlock it. I decided to update the most suited firmware. It had version 7.432. I managed to write 8.2.2.7. It ran fine for I day. The very next day I tried other versions since not everything that is new is also the best. I then installed some 6.x versions and then finally I thought I'd stick with 8.2.2.5. Update went great as all the firmware updates did. I switched the router off since I was a beginner with wireless security and decided that later that day, after reading some more about WEB and WPA, to power it back on. I did that. Power led burned my eyes with the red colour. I thought the reset button would do the trick. Pressed it for a number of seconds, replugging the power cord (stuff that I learned from another forum), it did't even "blink". I did find your PcTool, CICLaMaB and others but they won't help a bit cause my PC can not communicate with the router since the network icon says "cable unplugged". I did find out about some JTAG board or connector whatever that is but I don't have the knowledge to build it.
Yes, I'm a newbie, perhaps a unmannered one since I simply barged in demanding for an answer but this gave me headaches for the last few days. Here it is also a pic with the router board perhaps it may be for use. Thank you...at least for your time reading my lines.
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Thomson 585v6 (HP) - POWER LED :RED

Post by mstombs » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:10 pm

Have seen details of JTAG connections for this Broadcom router (Ti AR7 PCTOOL will not work), look for "stjtag" on Aus Whirlpool forums, in fact you may be better asking there - there may be other ways to recover your router. A version of the stjtag tool is also available on http://download.modem-help.co.uk/utilit ... re/STJTAG/