xbox360 ping problems with router

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
jakeyboy602

xbox360 ping problems with router

Post by jakeyboy602 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:41 am

ok, 99% of the time i can fix my tech problems but this one has me saying what gives ?

My isp is a wireless radio (2.4 ghz) broadband system, this is the first time i have had a isp using this kind of system. I am having horrid ping problems while trying to use my xbox360 online via wifi, i have done my own trouble shooting and this is what i have come up with.

1. I connect to xbox live via wifi and my ping is utter horse drats.
2. I connect to xbox live via hard wire and my ping is outstanding.
3. I connect to a Counter-strike server via wifi from my pc and my ping is outstanding.

so, giving my research it only makes sense to me that my router has to be configured some special way to talk to my xbox360 because of this radio wifi isp ? all the times i have had my xbox360 isp be via cox (none wireless radio broadband isp) there has never been a ping problem via wifi, now since being forced to only have one isp company to use and it being wireless radio broadband I am forced to try and figure this SPECIAL configuration out so my xbox live and my router can get over themselfs and have a happy time together, the problem I am having is my isp support does not really know what gives is going on... so please help me if you have any ideas on this please post up.

thank you.