All Lights On Router Lit.....Except Power Light.

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
hoosiers71

All Lights On Router Lit.....Except Power Light.

Post by hoosiers71 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:04 am

Hello, this is my first post here and I am just looking for some help on what might be going on with my router. It's a NetGear N600 Model #: WNDR3400.

Currently on the front of my router (which is not hooked up to my modem at the moment) all 4 port lights are lit, the Internet connection light is solid amber, and the wifi light is solid blue. The power light however is off. Also when I try and hard reset the router literally nothing happens. No lights go off, they don't even blink.

I'm thinking it's probably just broke, somebody turned on a circuit breaker and then turned it back on in a matter of 10 seconds or so. But I read somewhere that it might be "bricked" and I didn't really know what that meant but that there may be hope.

Please help me and thank you in advance.
Alan
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: All Lights On Router Lit.....Except Power Light.

Post by Alan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:32 am

Reading about this router it sounds as though it could be faulty.

When you tried to reset the router to factory settings did you hold the paper clip down for at least 5 seconds?

There is a method of recovering faulty (bricked) Firmware found here http://support.netgear.com/ci/fattach/g ... 20v1.1.pdf

Try that if it still doesn't respond, I think it will have had it.
I Wanna Live 'till I Die!