Best router for portfowarding

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
porter

Best router for portfowarding

Post by porter » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:33 pm

If you have ever heard of port forwarding and know a lot about it. I need your help into getting the best as well as affordable router with an excellent port forwarding and that can support up to 400+ people, and be able to run a program that is similar to runescape, an MMorpg online game where other people can see each other.

I also need a recommendation of how much internet i should get i have options for 2mb, 4mb, 8mb, or 16mb

Thanks
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Best router for portfowarding

Post by thechief » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:40 pm

What exactly are you trying to do?
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
paaaja
Regular
Regular

Re: Best router for portfowarding

Post by paaaja » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:29 pm

You may not know what you actually need. Any affordable router is able to forward ports. And your games? To play them, you need a well-set-up internet connection. As for the actual speed, 4 Mb/s might be enough to play any of those games but my personal recommendation is at least 8 Mb/s. Although having a good ping is much more important than actual connection speed.