Please help me!

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
ylhappy

Please help me!

Post by ylhappy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:15 am

everyone!
I have a ADSL MODEM with wireless,4 ports switch.It work with TI7300adgw and tentw1130.
Now I no use the ADSL line, but I want to use the MODEM as a router only with wireless. So, Can I flash the router's firmware
let's work as a wireless router with ethernet ports?
I know the ADSL modem can work as a router through establishment a ADSL connection of PPPoe. If you can to modify the PPP of firmware, let' work with pppoe through the ethernet ports! not DSL port.
Thanks !!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Please help me!

Post by thechief » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:41 pm

ylhappy wrote:everyone!
I have a ADSL MODEM with wireless,4 ports switch.It work with TI7300adgw and tentw1130.
Now I no use the ADSL line, but I want to use the MODEM as a router only with wireless. So, Can I flash the router's firmware
let's work as a wireless router with ethernet ports?
I know the ADSL modem can work as a router through establishment a ADSL connection of PPPoe. If you can to modify the PPP of firmware, let' work with pppoe through the ethernet ports! not DSL port.
Thanks !!
1. Run the RUC or the Firmware Tool to see whether the firmware supports your router.
2. You cannot run the RouterTech firmware to emulate an ethernet modem.
3. The router (if supported) can work with RouterTech firmware as a wireless access point. Connect the modem that provides the internet access to one of the router's ethernet ports, turn off DHCP on the router, and make sure that both the modem and the router are in the same IP range.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
ylhappy

Re: Please help me!

Post by ylhappy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:35 pm

First of all I want to say thank you!
I found the modem has not WAN ethernet port! It is not work as a router with ethernet port.
Usually one of the four ethernet port is a WAN port. But my modem is not.