belkin N150 router pppoe authentication doesn't work

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
coolguy80

belkin N150 router pppoe authentication doesn't work

Post by coolguy80 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi,
I have a broadband connection with iball-baton iB-LR6111A modem which is then connected to a Belkin N150 wireless router. I usually configure pppoe dialer in Router web interface(192.168.2.1) and it worked till recently. but, I RMAed old router and got a new N150 router model(model number: F9K1009zb). with this model, I configured pppoe option but, it seems not working. I checked routing table and it seems OK. Router's WAN interface LED is glowing. however, in web interface, it is showing as "Internet-not connected".

Is this the fault with the modem or router? because, I RMAed old Belking router for the same reason, Old N150 model started developing the same problem as it cannot connect to internet. but, with the new N150 router also not connecting, is iball modem, the suspect?
with iball modem, either in bridge mode or pppoe mode connected to NIC, it works perfectly fine.

however, if I configure pppoe dialer in iball modem and then connect it to belkin router, it is still not working.

I cloned mac address from pc's NIC and it doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way I can make sure, Router is not faulty? another doubt is, iball modem ip- 192.168.1.1 and belkin router - 192.168.2.1 , is this fine.