pppoe timeout. pado: hostuniq mismatch

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
Spuddo

pppoe timeout. pado: hostuniq mismatch

Post by Spuddo » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:46 am

I'm attempting to connect a FritzBox 7390 to a NBN connection. I've setup LAN1 as the WAN Port. I've put in the PPPoE Details, but it will not connect. In the log, I see the error:

PPPoE Timeout. pado: hostuniq mismatch

If I connect my computer directly to the same ethernet cord (That is WAN), and setup a PPPoE connection, with the same credentials, it connects OK and I can browse the internet, no dramas at all.

Firmware upgrade is the latest.

Exetel say the problem is not at their end, but they did tell me that from about 1000hrs yesterday the connection dropped around 20 times.

Some more information – not sure if any of it helps
1. Interestingly, even with the router disconnected the "LAN connection" for my Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC in Network Connections (WinXP) shows that it has limited connectivity.

2. Also, it has been a while since I have had any issues with this connection so I was surprised to see a second IP address for the LAN Connection that is what looks like an IPv6 address (I assume).

3. The "internet" light on the FritzBox is not on – it was/should be