Bind IP address to Mac in Draytek 2600 Router

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
Fozzie Bear
Novice
Novice

Bind IP address to Mac in Draytek 2600 Router

Post by Fozzie Bear » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:36 pm

I am having problems with an O2 Boostbox behind my Draytek 2600. I have enabled Upnp but it still wont sync with the O2 servers so I thought I would put it in the DMZ rather than port forward to it. Unfortunately I am having trouble binding the IP address to the device MAC address. I am using the telnet command found on Mikeys Draytek site namely
srv dhcp fixip add <IP Address> <MAC Addr> <HostID>
I have found the mac address from the device and can see in the router that the DHCP server has currently assigned an IP address of 10.0.0.22. Unfortunately when I use the above telnet command I get a message "IP address currently in Use". If I try another IP address in the DHCP range it says "Already configured to IP address 10.0.0.0.22". The only thing I am not doing is adding a HostID as I dont know what that is and how I can find it. Alternatively do these commands have to be done with the device (Boost Box) disconnected?
Any help would be appreciated. I am using Hyperterminal from an XP machine using TCP/IP winsock connection

Fozzie