router configuration for multi (2) static ip + NAT for other

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
Alpha_Tay
Novice
Novice

router configuration for multi (2) static ip + NAT for other

Post by Alpha_Tay » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:39 am

hi, i have a internet connection with multi (2) static ip, i know the config method for this, one to the router, another to the computer, but there is still other laptop, smartphone, tablets needed to use the internet connection, can i use the 2nd static ip at one of my computer and enable NAT for any other devices that need internet connection? thx in adv.

router is Aztech DSL605ew
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: router configuration for multi (2) static ip + NAT for o

Post by mstombs » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:10 pm

It is possible, and has been done before take a look at

viewtopic.php?p=21759#p21759

which ends up here

viewtopic.php?p=20422#p20422

Would be good to have a single post explanation so if you get it working do post back with details!
Alpha_Tay
Novice
Novice

Post by Alpha_Tay » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:05 am

hi, i dont fully understand it, do i have to set the router to 192.168.x lan ip or /internet static ip A/ and my computer to /internet static ip B/ to use this command?

i am currently using NAT Services with Aztech firmware, to map the /internet static ip B/ to my computer, it work well, the router and my computer is still 192.168.x, same config as usual dynamic ip pppoe setup, just using this NAT services, it would map the /internet static ip B/ to my computer, verified by go to www.ipchicken.com website, my computer is now using the /internet static ip B/ while the computer lan ip is still 192.168.x, while the NAT(no NAT Services) work well for any other connected devices with /internet static ip A/.

i am using Aztech firmware because i need some other features available with Aztech firmware while still not available with routertech firmware, i flashed my router to routertech firmware before, but have to switch/flash back due to that features.

http://screenshots.portforward.com/rout ... rvices.htm

ftp://ftp.aztech.com/support/malaysia/A ... 0v.1.0.pdf

ftp://ftp.aztech.com/support/Philippine ... 20v1.1.pdf
mstombs
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by mstombs » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:28 am

Can't help re Aztech firmware. Even with Routertech you cannot do it all from web gui, you have use additional script commands.
Alpha_Tay
Novice
Novice

Post by Alpha_Tay » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:34 am

hi, just tell me what u knew, i would improvise if possible.