Router behaving oddly.

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
Aantynk

Router behaving oddly.

Post by Aantynk » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:07 pm

Router: Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway

ISP: Shaw (Canada)

Ever since I can remember we've had internet issues here. We used to have Shaw's old standard wifi+router by SMC but that thing was useless. After talking to them we found out they had switched to cisco and hadn't told us, we got the new wireless one (above) and it seemed to work great. Well aboot a week into owning it the thing started to behave like a teenager. It would randomly disappear altogether from view but still provide internet to the wired computers. After maybe 30 seconds it would reappear and allow connection but not internet. the signal strength is absolute trash on the thing also. I put it on channel 11 with the least interference hoping that would help but no go. Ours is the only router in the neighbourhood that will vanish despite it being brand new. Then the weirdest thing happened. I went to log into the bios the other day after hitting the re-set just to change the channel back and our bios password. When I popped the IP in I got to the login page normally, but it wasn't normal. The username field had a 0 in it and the password field had a 13 digit something entered in that I couldn't see. I don't know if this is a warning sign but I can't find answers anywhere and any information on the router behaviour would be spectacular as well. Thank you all for your time and trouble shooting