Linksys e1200 loosing device.

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
bcoggin

Linksys e1200 loosing device.

Post by bcoggin » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:07 pm

I have a E1200 router at a car wash. I have four bays that have credit cards. Each bay is plugged into this router. For some reason I have to reset the power to the bays every couple of days or the credit card swipes will lock up and not work. When I power the bays off and back on I loose the connection to my router on a couple of bays. Not always but most of the time they will say NETWORK NOT AVAILABLE. I then have to unplug each bay from the router, power the bays back off and then on, and plug each cat5 from the bays back into the router one at a time and they will go back to working. I had an older Netgear router before the Linksys and I didn't have to unplug the bays from the router when I reset the power. Only difference is the NETGEAR had enough ports on the router that I could plug all bays into it. On the LINKSYS I have the bays plugged into a LINKSYS switch then into the E1200 router. Thoughts?