No data received

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
lisaburlew

No data received

Post by lisaburlew » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:41 am

So I was playing with my router trying to set up port forwarding for SWTOR when I ran into an issue. I was messing around with open ports and setting my ip address as the guide was explaining (I may have done some other things accidently, I don't really understand this stuff) and I no longer have access to my router for some reason. I am still able to connect to the internet (I am on it now) so I can get internet through my router somehow but when I try entering either '192.168.0.1' into google chrome or the ip address by googling 'what's my ip', I now get a no data received error. Again the router is working, as I can surf the internet, I just can't access any of the settings and I don't know why.

I've googled possible solutions, but so far I can't find anything that seems like it was my same problem. I've tried using ipconfig /all to search for the default gateway (which is still 192.168.0.1), I've tried ipconfig /release /renew and that didn't work. I've tried accessing the router from my computer, laptop and phone and I get a similar error depending on what browser I am using.

I am hesitant to reset my router because then I think my internet won't work anymore and the internet people will have to come in and do there thing.

I am afriad that while trying to change my ip address, I accidently changed the routers to something. Is there anyway to find out what the router's gateway is? Unless it is the 'default gateway' from ipconfig /all in which case that isn't the problem because its still 192.168.0.1.

My router is an actiontec GT784WN.

Again I am new to this stuff so I was wondering if anyone knows what my issue is and can help me out. Thank you in advance.