QoS for gaming on Trendnet TEW-658BRM

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
brandafr

QoS for gaming on Trendnet TEW-658BRM

Post by brandafr » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi there, I was wondering if someone more clued up than me about networking could help me out here, I'm sure you've picked up from the topic I'm trying to setup QoS or limit WiFi speeds on my router

My problem is I'm sharing my house with two other people who use WiFi on their tablets, I've allowed them to use it but they don't pay for it so they shouldn't make me lag :P. So basically when I am gaming and they are uploading pics to Facebook or whatever they are doing i get a high ping online. I have read through my routers manual, tried setting up QoS and configuring advanced wireless settings but I have had no luck. The manual tells you how to do certain things but then when it comes down to choosing rules and settings (ex: 10 half, 100 full.) one of many examples, I don't know what those settings mean you see. So if somebody has the time to help out a stranger, weather it be setting up QoS for gaming or configuring other settings on the router to give my PC (which is connected via LAN to router) priority over wireless connections, that would be much appreciated. Whenever I google how to do these things I just get the routers manual :/

I know every router is different when it comes down to configuring these kind of things unfortunately it seems like I have one of the more complicated ones
I have a Trendnet TEW-658BRM
I have a 2meg line (From South Africa internet is pricey)

Kind Regards, Alex