A dead ZBT WE-826

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
Radiotech
Regular
Regular

A dead ZBT WE-826

Post by Radiotech » Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:56 pm

Any one know a simple way of reinstalling a routers original firmware when one as broke it, or is it a bin job.
I have a ZBT WE1826 which I flashed with: openwrt-ramips-mt7620-zbt-we826-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin, I have tried to register with open-WRT many many times but it would be easer to email Elvis Presley, any help would be gratefully received.
Radiotech
Regular
Regular

Re: A dead ZBT WE-826

Post by Radiotech » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:06 am

Good news manually configuring the computers IP address I have gained access to the router and will flash back to the firmware hopefully :)
hsatadmin

Post by hsatadmin » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:50 am

brooo...
how did you get that up and running? can you post a link to it for me?
Radiotech
Regular
Regular

Post by Radiotech » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:14 pm

hsatadmin wrote:brooo...
how did you get that up and running? can you post a link to it for me?
Hi i take it you have a ZBT WE-826 with a open-WRT firmware, please correct me if not, if so does you're router appear dead bricked or whatever term you like to call it.
If so i just configured windows with a static IP address say 192.168.1.100 (I used a second router) hold in reset button while switching on i tried this about 8 times and all of a sudden the open-WRT login screen appeared,once you got in reset the firmware to factory defaults you should be able to then go back to 192.168.1.1.
If you intend to flash back to original factory firmware that is a little more involved, and of cause you will need the factory firmware which is like rocking horse poo because when you contact ZBT they say that their routers are shipped with open-WRT firmware which as you know is rubbish unless you asked the seller to flash open-WRT firmware for you when you purchased it.
One point which to watch for is a lot of these routers and other makes from China etc say they are high power eg 1000mw this is total rubbish i have a few here and most are around 100mw tops