Configuration password won't reset!

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
babyboyg

Configuration password won't reset!

Post by babyboyg » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:22 am

Hi guys,

I have recently moved to Spain from the UK. We took over the business' broadband, which is on Movistar. The router is an Observa(?) BHS-RTA. I am trying to access the router settings so I can change the SSID and password, so it is a bit more memorable for guests. When I go in to 192.168.1.1 I am asked to enter the configuration password, which I don't know. On the 'help' section of the page it says that if I can't remember it I can reset the router then use the password on the underside of the router. I have reset it but it doesn't like the password. I can use this password to join the wireless network, but not to access the settings.

I also can't enter in to 192.168.1.1:8000 as it only lets me have user as 1234 but none of the standard passwords work for that either.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Configuration password won't reset!

Post by thechief » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:05 am

Try user=1234; password=1234 (Hint: google is your friend - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Lo9DGZVhU).
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.