ASUS AAM6020VI help!!!! after P2P conn seeme to drop!

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
xsy77

ASUS AAM6020VI help!!!! after P2P conn seeme to drop!

Post by xsy77 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:29 pm

hey guys,

I have an ASUS AAM6020VI ADSL2+ modem/router and all is good except, After using P2P the connection drops out but

my downloads continue running, all connections continues. For example, a Internet explorer downloads continues with no problem. But "non-continuous" connections stops. I can't ping your router. My MSN Disconnects. I can't use internet explorer to surf the web.

i was led to ur site after browsing another forum.

If any1 can help please let me know?

cheers,

Chris
eMuNiX
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by eMuNiX » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:42 pm

First reboot the router and it should connect up again without problems. Sounds a like it may be your NAT tables filling up and locking the router. Try cutting down the number of P2P connections and see if it does it again. If it fails to connect after a reboot then it may be something more serious causing the problem.
xsy77

Post by xsy77 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:17 pm

cool cheers for quick reply!

do i change that in the router settings or in my program settings??

also whats a good setting??

should i upgrade the firmware to Routertech's???

Cheers,

chris

oh yeh its and ASUS AAM 6020VI. BTW
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:21 pm

Around 30 connections should still give good p2p speed but will avoid clogging up your router.

Experiment a little to see what works best for you.
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk
eMuNiX
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by eMuNiX » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:24 pm

You should change the connections in the P2P program. Initially set it quite low, say 20-30 connections and see if that cures the problem then maybe raise the number of connections until the problem reoccurs. I’d see if you can cure the problem with number of connections before changing firmware.
xsy77

Post by xsy77 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:08 am

kool thanx guys!

excelent work.

ill let u know how i get on!

Chris
Steve
Ex RouterTech Team
Ex RouterTech Team

Post by Steve » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:10 am

No probs. It's a familiar question.

Out of interest, which forum sent you here?
He ached all over. It wasn't just that his brain was writing cheques that his body couldn't cash. It had gone beyond that. Now his feet were borrowing money that his legs hadn't got, and his back muscles were looking for loose change under the sofa cushions.
- Terry Pratchett

www.bliss.org.uk