Looking for Sphairon Turbolink AR860 Firmware

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
remedy

Looking for Sphairon Turbolink AR860 Firmware

Post by remedy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:37 pm

Hello everyone! Lovely forum you have here, I'm glad phpbb is still alive.

I just ordered a used Sphairon Turbolink AR860 ADSL2+ modem/router, because I'm fed up with the TR69 remote-controlled bluetooth dect wlan kitchen-sink-appliances they sell as DSL routers these days.
Those might be great as honeypots if you're looking to get hacked, but this is not my goal.

However, I couldn't find any firmware online for this device, and the company is bust.
And I didn't catch that the modem has Annex B support only (which makes sense for it's age), but I'm on an Annex J line.

Now AFAIK, Annex B modems can usually be made Annex J compatible with a firmware upgrade. Correct me if I'm wrong.
But as I mentioned, the company is bust, so no dice. Until I found your awesome RouterTech aftermarket firmware here?

I don't have the device yet, but from this report here, the device works with this firmware:
routertech_ar7rd_pspboot_1port_firmware_20081123_140.zip
This tells me it's based on the TI-AR7, and from some datasheet-googling, I found that chipset support for Annex J seems to exist (https://www.ti.com/pdfs/vf/bband/ar7_nsp_prod_brief.pdf).

So here is the big question I couldn't answer yet: Does the RouterTech firmware support Annex J?

The last release was in 2012, and Annex J is not that old, so I'm unsure.
The firmware download is broken, and I can't really search the forum for "Annex J" either, because it will just ignore the J.
I know time has moved on, but I hope the source-code gurus are still around!
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: Looking for Sphairon Turbolink AR860 Firmware

Post by thechief » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:58 pm

I seriously doubt that Annex J is supported.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.