ASUS RT-N12D1 - Suddenly not working in AP mode

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
Dark0

ASUS RT-N12D1 - Suddenly not working in AP mode

Post by Dark0 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:17 pm

Good day Everyone,

2 nights ago I experienced something strange - we have fiber and the CP Box connects to a D-Link DIR825 router (this is in the main house).

In a cottage, I have the above mentioned ASUS router. The DLink and ASUS are connected with a LAN Cable and the ASUS was in AP Mode (access point). There was connectivity for the past 2 years ... everything worked fine.

2 nights ago connectivity was lost. I tried restarting ALL devices - after that I couldn't connect via WIFI (it keeps trying but no connection is established) to the ASUS ... I then tried with a lan cable and my pc doesn't seem to get an IP from the ASUS.

The next day I tried to play with the settings and to reset the ASUS back to factory settings.

Still, AP Mode doesn't work, but in REPEATER Mode everything works fine.

Reason I want it in AP mode is because of a more stable connection with the help of the lan cable.

Does anyone have any clue as to what could have gone wrong and why? ....... and how to fix it.

ASUS and D Link router firwares are up to date.

Thank you
Dark0

Re: ASUS RT-N12D1 - Suddenly not working in AP mode

Post by Dark0 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:27 am

UPDATE:

Last night every PC and Laptop received an IP ADDRESS CONFLICT error message ..... I restarted everything and its all working now.

Could the ASUS do this?? Should I just go out and buy a new router??
Alan
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: ASUS RT-N12D1 - Suddenly not working in AP mode

Post by Alan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:52 am

No, don’t buy a new router just yet.

If it has only happened once, it could just be a random event. See how it goes if it gets more frequent then look into things. EG resetting the router etc.
I Wanna Live 'till I Die!