router giving issue after hard reset

Support forum for routers of all shapes and sizes. As long as it's router based and doesn't fall into the other categories, this is the place to ask your questions.
daniellab1996

router giving issue after hard reset

Post by daniellab1996 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:57 am

Hi everyone,

so I've recently moved in with my girlfriend and her housemate and am now wanting to play with my PS4 online.

In order to get the best out of my connection I'm wanting to open a few ports for the PS4 and for that I would need to get into our router.

We are using a Technicolor TG582n from PlusNet and the router password is printed on the back of the machine itself.

However, this password doesn't seem to work, so it seems like someone must have changed it. However, nobody can actually remember changing the password.

So I read online that it can help to just "hard reset" the router and return it to its factory settings, which should mean that the password goes back to the one printed on its back.

My question now is, what would that actually mean in regards to my internet connection? I've never actually set up a router, so would this mean I have to enter certain details in regards to my internet provider etc.? Cos I'm not sure if anyone here actually has any details or anything.

Or would I simply be able to just plug the machine back in and it works as long as I still use the default wifi password for it?

Any help would be much appreciated, cos I actually don't have a clue :oops:

Cheers
Alan
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Re: router giving issue after hard reset

Post by Alan » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:30 am

Hi, welcome.

If your router was supplied by Plusnet, then resetting it to factory settings should not stop you reconnecting to your ISP (Plusnet)

This will indeed put all the passwords back to the original which is on the back of your router.

Good luck
I Wanna Live 'till I Die!