Hello everybody. Haven't been here for 2 years. May I ask some question :
I have planned for using RouterTech Firmware to every of my routers. In fact, I was unsure if my routers are supported. I even don't know what is the difference between class I and class II routers. I have been searched in this forum, read the FAQ too, even googled for that, but can't find much informations about that (I wonder if I haven't searching it hard enough). Looks like some of the informations have been erased (I spotted some dead links for that). I have been look into the boxes and some of them have TI Chip and some have others (eg. Realtek RTL8671P). So I followed the procedures and using Router Upgrade Checker to check this out. Unfortunately RUC seems can't run properly in my environment. I have been tested it with RUC v1.3.3 (which I've been download 2 years ago), v1.3.8, v1.3.9, v1.4.0, to every routers of mine with exactly same results for all of them. The results is RUC stop working (exit immediately without warning soon after starting the progress - the progress bar still in 0% or 1%), I check in Windows Task Manager too, the "ruc.exe" process is gone few seconds after RUC exited. I have done it on the following routers :
1. Prolink Hurricane H9200P
2. Prolink Hurricane H9200R
3. Aztech DSL605EU
4. Dlink DSL-520T
The conditions and environment :
1. I have done it on my laptop with Win XP Pro SP3 w/ latest updates via Microsoft Updates.
2. I have done it on a router at a time with IP 192.168.1.1, the laptop assigned a static IP on the same subnet, connects to it with "straight through" RJ-45 Cat.5E 3 feets good LAN cable.
3. I have disabled my AV and Firewall.
4. Each routers are the working ones and before checking it with RUC, I have done a "soft factory reset" via web admin then "hard factory reset" via the hole in the back of the routers, and then ensure that I can logged to it via web admin and telnet command prompt.
5. I have read the readme.txt on the RUC and do the instructions, check the MD5 of the archives, examine the files in it (there is 9 complete files), installed "Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0 Run-Time Redistribution Pack - vbrun60sp6.exe (kb290887)", found that "ws2_32.dll" is on my \WINDOWS\system32, try to disable all the check boxes on RUC, and try to run RUC on debug mode too.
Still the result is the same, after I click "OK", RUC quits immediately adter start working it's task, and the process "ruc.exe" gone too (from the Task Manager).
And my question is :
1. What exactly the difference between class I and class II routers.
2. Which of may routers are supported with Routertech Firmwares, and which firmwares ?
3. Is it OK if I proceed flashing Routertech Firmwares via web admin (on my supported routers), RUC haven't done collecting informations.
4. If I should use "Telnet Scripter" to get the informations ?
5. Requesting suggestions on my conditions. I really like having Routertech firmware on my routers (of course which is supported)
I remembered, 2 years ago, the same Dlink DSL-520T have been flashed to Routertech Firmware v2.8, right now it is on the original Dlink firmware.
I'm sorry for my English. I can't describe my trouble in verbal in English good enough because I'm not too good in English, English in not my native language, and in my country (Indonesia), not many people understand English, I'm sorry for that.
Thank you for everyone here.