Router Upgrade Checker (Class II routers only)

Utilities and tools for networking, routers, setup etc
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:06 pm

RayneR wrote:it said first that my ethernet ports wren't marvell and so is not suported but then apear a window showing that is suported
Actually it said: "...and so your switch is not supported"
The switch is not the same thing as your router - the switch is part of the router which handles the Ethernet ports.

That's why it then says:
"Your Ethernet ports may or may not function correctly with a RouterTech firmware."

So you can still upgrade using the RUC instructions, it's just that you may have problems with your Ethernet ports. ;)
RayneR wrote:Anyone know a good configuration for a good wireless signal ? i'm having problems now :S , i get the feeling that is somehow limited to some MB cuz the max speed i got is about 7.500mbps , why ?
This is not the thread/sub-forum to ask in - try posting your question here: viewforum.php?f=15
RouterTech Team and Founding Member
RouterTech Merchandise (UK)
No support via PM, please ask your questions on the forum!
RayneR
Regular
Regular

Post by RayneR » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:26 pm

but if i upload the firmware to the router can i then revert it if it doesn't work ? i'm guessing that i need a ethernet connection to mess with the shell and stuff , so if the ports are not working how the hell can i revert it ? :X
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:37 pm

RayneR wrote: so if the ports are not working how the hell can i revert it ? :X
Through usb, if there is a usb port, or via the pctool, or bootloader ftp.
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
No support via PM. Ask all questions on the open forum.
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:49 pm

The adam2 bootloader connection utilised by repairs with the RRT, PC-Tool etc doesn't use the standard Ethernet interface.
RayneR
Regular
Regular

Post by RayneR » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:28 pm

ok , i'll give it a try when i come back ,i got to go , then i'll say something . thanks
RayneR
Regular
Regular

Post by RayneR » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:17 am

hehehe , i'm back with the RouterTech firmeware , well this maybe be strange but the ethernet ports is working , but the RUC said that is not marvel so it will not work , strange but good that works , another thing that happened is that i forgot to save the led config , and now the leds are strange like when the router is fully on the led does not go from red to green , when DSL is fully sync it just goes blanc other then that is OK so far, didn't test wireless , i'll say something , please say something to regardless to this , many thanks my router is a Ntech AWR54a but is the same as an solwise 600EW ADSL2/2+ not R series , where can i get the led config ? thanks
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:48 am

RayneR wrote:the ethernet ports is working , but the RUC said that is not marvel so it will not work
The RUC said the "Ethernet ports may or may not function correctly" - it didn't say they wouldn't work for certain. Anyway, I'm glad they're working.
RayneR wrote:another thing that happened is that i forgot to save the led config
The RUC would have backed it up. It will be at the end of the check-*.txt file.
RayneR wrote:my router is a Ntech AWR54a but is the same as an solwise 600EW ADSL2/2+ not R series , where can i get the led config ? thanks
Look in the 'led' folder of the RT firmware and try the sar600.bat - if you have changed your login password then you will need to edit sar600.txt accordingly.
RayneR
Regular
Regular

Post by RayneR » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:36 pm

hi, i ran the sar600.bat but only shows a comand line windows but it closes so fast that i can't see nothing...and nothing happens , need some help , thanks
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:42 pm

Telnet to the router and run

Code: Select all

setenv led_conf led.sar600
/sbin/reboot
The Chief: :afro: Be sure to read the Firmware FAQ and do a Forum Search before posting!
RayneR
Regular
Regular

Post by RayneR » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:48 pm

thanks thechief but got the batch working :D , now the leds is working fine with the SAR600EW config like i said :P , thanks people will test the wireless soon and i'll say something .
RayneR
Regular
Regular

Post by RayneR » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:13 pm

hi , wireless works great :D but i don't know how i do it when i was trying to take out the antena from the router i'hav broken it xD need to buy a new one , btw found out that his router is the same as this :http://www.aztech.com/prod_adsl_dsl600ew.html

Aztech DSL600EW , it have a marvell switch that's why the ethernet ports worked .. but don't know why RUC didn't detected . Edit Forget it .. Solwise 600EW have the same switch that means these routers are the same lol
thechief
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by thechief » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:34 pm

RayneR wrote:Aztech DSL600EW , it have a marvell switch that's why the ethernet ports worked
Not necessarily. The firmware fully supports the Marvell switch - but it also supports other switches. Some switches are only supported by the use of a generic driver. In that case, the ports will work, but you may not be able to configure them manually in the firmware's web interface. If your switch is not Marvell, then the RUC would be right to warn you that your ethernet ports may or may not work.
RayneR wrote:but don't know why RUC didn't detected.
The RUC queries the core logic, and if the core logic gives the "wrong" answer, then the RUC has to respond accordingly.
darren

Hangs @ 18%

Post by darren » Thu May 07, 2009 10:55 am

It just hangs @ 18%. From the last line of the log, it seems trying to relogin to my router? O.o

Someone please advice?

My router+modem: DLINK DSL-500T
Attachments
abort_20090507_175001.zip
(853 Bytes) Downloaded 485 times
Neo
RouterTech Team
RouterTech Team

Post by Neo » Thu May 07, 2009 12:35 pm

Change the value for "Login prompt" in the settings.ini file from "login" to "ogin" and try the RUC again.
darren

Post by darren » Fri May 08, 2009 4:31 am

Neo wrote:Change the value for "Login prompt" in the settings.ini file from "login" to "ogin" and try the RUC again.
Thanks, it works! RUC report attached.

But when I try to upgrade the firmware(routertech-ar7rd-pspboot-1port-firmware-20090419.zip according to the RUC report), it gives me Error: No/invalid magic number. What should I do?
Attachments
check-20090508_093416_Dlink DSL-500T.zip
(2.87 KiB) Downloaded 470 times